Chapter 7-Who is It?

It was a Sunday and the day was perfect because it was a storm with less rain. I thought it would be perfect if I could read a novel while having a hot cup of coffee. I also couldn't stop thinking about Yoongi and the contract he made with me. I felt this is the only way that my parents would be safe from him. I couldn't believe that I was feeling this way about Yoongi and to protect my parents from him.

I got a text from my mom saying that dad and she had gone out grocery shopping for the month. So, I took my favorite novel and sat by the window side in my room with a cup of coffee in my hand was ready to dive into the coziness of the cool weather.

Suddenly, I felt someone unlock the front door of the house because I heard the alarm system was disarmed. I was skeptical about my parents coming back so early from their grocery shopping when I just got a text from them like 3 minutes ago. I placed down my coffee cup and walked towards my room door to open it.

I froze a little when I heard a different set of footsteps coming up the stairs. So instead of opening my room door, I locked it immediately. I knew this person who came into my house isn't someone I know because of the boots he wore and the sound that came from it wasn't anything like my parents' footsteps.

I quickly took my phone and texted my parents that someone was in the house they told me to stay in my room and lock the door and they said they would call the cops soon. Then, a wild thought came running through my mind, what if that was Yoongi outside and he just wanted to see me? So, I texted Yoongi to see if he was the one who was in the house but he called me immediately and before answering the call, I really wished it was just him outside the room door.

"Are you alone?" Yoongi asked me over the phone.

"I...wait for a second! Why should I tell you? How sure I could trust you that you are not the one outside," I panicked.

"Okay, so why did you call me then?," Yoongi asked me coldly.

"I want to assure you that it was not you outside my room door now plus I have called the cops. Just for you to know! So, stop playing around!" I replied in a whisper.

"I have work to finish plus why would I play around with you?" he said as he hung up the call.

Before I could say anything he disconnected the call. Yoongi was colder than I could have imagined. He just did not care about what could happen to me or was I really in danger. Now, I am all alone to fight whoever was outside my room door. I peeked under the door and I could see his shadow from under my room door. He started to twist and turn the doorknob frantically and then he stopped suddenly then continued to twist and turn again. I did not dare make any sound in the room and thought of jumping off the window to escape. Just then, I heard another voice outside my room door.

"Get down before you die!" the voice said.

I thought I knew that voice so I went closer to the door to hear properly. I heard a chuckle and a loud scream following that chuckle. I walked over to the door and waited a while as I did not know if I should open the door or just wait till the cops come. Then I heard the voice again.

"Open up!" the voice asked me.

It was Yoongi's voice and I couldn't believe to hear his voice again but something did not add up to the scene.

"What-How- How did you know my address?" I asked as I opened the door.

"Is it so hard for a mafia to find his soon-to-be wife's address?" Yoongi said as he wiped the man's blood off his hand.

"Did you kill him?" I asked him in shock as I looked at the man on the floor covered in blood.

"Self-defense," Yoongi replied casually.

"I told you the cops will be arriving soon, so why did you kill him?" I asked Yoongi curiously.

"Stop asking me stupid questions and take this," Yoongi gave me the bat that he used on the man.

"Why don't you tell the cops yourself? I am not taking any blame for you," I said as I handed him the bat back.

"Look, I think you have no choice now. Just tell them what I told you. Plus, I saved your life. So be thankful," Yoongi said as he ran down the stairs.

I couldn't ask Yoongi anything more as I was pretty shaken up with what happened a while ago. My hands were shivering badly as I saw the man was out cold on the floor outside my room door.

My mind went wild again asking me what if they don't believe me? What if they put me behind bars?

As soon as I knew Yoongi left my house, the cops came and I was ready to give a statement to them. I tried to relax when I was giving my statement to them and my parents were there to support me too. All of them including my parents believed that I had to do it for my self-defense and the cops just took my written report and my sign for this. They told me if there are any other further clarifications, they would drop by the house. They cleared the body out of the house and my parents did not want me to stay in the house for a while. So, they decided to send me back to my apartment where I was alone again because my housemate, Rachel was out of town.

"This would take your mind off of what happened," my mom said as she held my hands.

"I will be fine. You both have to be careful now," I said as I unpacked my clothes in my apartment room.

"We will clear the paperwork and other things with the cops, just focus on your studies and exams now. We will text you the new security code for the alarm," my dad said.

" Don't worry about me. This place is safe. I will call you tomorrow morning before class," I said as I walked my parents outside.

As they left the house compound, I closed the door behind me and set the alarm. It was still raining but my mood was ruined by that incident that took place. I should be more shaken up by the whole thing but I felt since it was a self-defense situation, I did not feel nervous. So, I switched on the television to take my mind off the whole thing and sat on the couch. As the television program was running in front of me, I was busy texting Rachel about what happened to me.

Then I heard my doorbell ring suddenly and I thought it could be my parents. I thought they forgot to give me my things so I opened the door expecting them but it was someone else. The rain and the mud stains on his hoodie made the smell even worst for me when I saw him in front of my door. That was not the issue but what bothered me was why was his face covered with blood and blue-black marks?

Sticky Shattered Glass PiecesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara