Chapter 16- A Sincere Apology

I told Rachel that I would be going to Daegu with Yoongi for a week, and she was worried that I would not have time to study for my finals that was a month from now. I told her that it would be fine, and I was taking my books and notes over there to make up for the time.

"Do you really have to go?" Rachel asked me.

"Do I have a choice now? He said he would cancel the deal, and you know what would happen if he does that," I replied to her.

"I still feel you have to say something to your parents about this," Rachel was upset.

"I would when the time comes. Not now," I replied her as I packed my bag.

Rachel helped me pack my bag with my toiletries and clothes for a week. She made sure I took all of my notes and books too. I didn't have a class that morning, so I had plenty of time to pack and take all I needed for the trip. I knew this trip wasn't going to be an easy one because I wasn't happy going with them. I packed my purse with my earphones and my MP4 player so that I would not have to listen to Yoongi in the car later. I realized that I required some medical supplies, but I was out of it. So, I decided to just run down to the store and grab what I required from the pharmacy.

"I will be back in 10, Rach," I told her as I locked the front gate.

"Get me some Panadol too. I think I might need it," Rachel said.

I placed the house keys in my hoodie pocket and brought up my hood as I inserted my hands in my pockets. The weather was spine-chilling as if it was going to snow anytime. I always wanted to see the first snow with someone I love for winter, but I always end up enjoying the snow alone. I crossed the road and headed for the nearby pharmacy down the road. As I entered the pharmacy, the air conditioner was so cold that I heard my teeth chattering with each other. I took what I required and headed for the counter when I saw my high schoolmate again for the second time.

"Hey, we meet again," my friend said as he looked at me.

"Yeah, it is nice to meet you again. Sorry, I have to rush now," I said as I paid the counter.

"Heading somewhere?" he asked me.

"Yeah, a trip," I said shortly as I did not want to reveal more.

"Yeah? Good to hear that. Have fun," he said as I smiled at him.

I waved a little at him and walked out of the pharmacy quickly. The wind was blowing on my face and I couldn't feel my chubby cheeks because of the cold. I ran back across the road and headed back to my house. It was about a 30-minute walk from the house to the pharmacy, so I didn't mind not taking the car, although it was cold outside. As I reached the house, I opened the door and set the alarm.

"Rach! I am back!" I yelled for Rachel.

"Got my Panadol?" Rachel asked me.

I showed her the bottle and she grabbed it from my hand. She took a pill and fetched some water. She swallowed the pill and looked at me.

"Don't judge me. I have a headache," Rachel said as she placed her cup in the sink.

"I am not judging. I know you don't want me to go on the trip, but I have no choice. You don't know Yoongi as I do. He is different now," I explained to Rachel.

"I understand. He would come around, I am sure of that," Rachel assured me.

I continued my packing and made sure the list I made was all checked. That afternoon, Rachel and I watched a good movie because Rachel would miss me for a week. I decided to take a bath and got ready before Yoongi came.

"If Yoongi calls, tell him I will be down soon. Don't let him in," I warned Rachel.

Rachel nodded her head and laid back on the couch lazily. I went into the room and took my towel to take a bath. As I was bathing, I kept thinking about what Yoongi's brother said to that woman back in the house.

"What if I can't save Yoongi in time? What if he hates me for not telling him about his brother's plan sooner?"

I kept asking myself these questions and worrying myself. Just then, I heard Rachel come into the room and knock on the bathroom door.

"He is here. I asked him to wait on the porch and if you are not down there in 10 minutes, he would come in," Rachel said.

"Typical Yoongi. Okay, will be right out," I replied her as I tied my towel around.

I came out of the bathroom and got changed fast. I did not want Yoongi coming into the house and meeting Rachel. I did not want her to know anything that Yoongi have to tell her if at all he decides to tease me. I took my bag and grabbed my jacket as I walked to the main door. Rachel helped me with my bag as I opened the door. I saw Yoongi sitting on the porch swing and when he saw me walking out, he came forward to help Rachel with my bag.

"He is handsome," Rachel whispered in my ears softly.

"Yes indeed but his character sucks, so too bad," I whispered back.

Rachel hugged me and I sat in the car waiting for Yoongi to put my bag in the car.

"Call me once you reach there, okay?" Rachel said.

I nodded my head and smiled at her. Yoongi drove off the house compound slowly, and we hit the highways within minutes. I could tell that Yoongi wanted to say something to me, but he hesitated. I ignored him because I wasn't ready to hear anything mean or sarcastic from him again since last night. So, I switched on the radio and let the music fill the awkward silence between us in the car, but I noticed Yoongi switched off the radio and took my hand into his while the other hand was holding the steering wheel.

"Look here, princess, I am sorry for everything last night. I know I shouldn't have acted or said anything like that towards you," Yoongi apologized to me.

For the first time ever since we met, this apology was the sincerest sentence I ever heard from him. My heart skipped a bit when he apologized to me, but I pretended to be stubborn. I felt he had to earn my forgiveness and not get it just like that. I continued to look out from the window but kept holding his hand because it felt warm and secured. He did not even try to leave my hand when he wanted to change the gear of the car as he held it under his hand and changed. For the first time in my life, I felt butterflies in my stomach going on a trip with him and not feeling scared or nervous around him.