Chapter 30-Solving the Crime

Yoongi was discharged from the hospital after three days and I managed to get back to my house with Rachel. I knew I had to catch up with all my revision studies for all those days that I have missed. I was still in disbelief that Yoongi's brother, his girlfriend, and Jason were dead during the week's stay in Yoongi's guest house. The whole thing started when Yoongi's brother and his so-called girlfriend wanted their grandfather's house to themselves. Ashley's necklace was just something that came with the plan since it was all in the house altogether. I was glad that Yoongi had the evidence file but what was the full use of it when his brother is already dead.

I did not witness the murder of Yoongi's brother in the penthouse, but I still felt Yoongi must have thought before killing his brother in that penthouse, or was he really dead? Did Yoongi really shoot his brother in that penthouse? I recollected when Yoongi hadn't shown any type of reaction when we heard the gunshot thinking it was for Yoongi's brother in that penthouse. I brushed off everything and wanted to just concentrate on my revisions for my exams which were just around the corner. I have about three weeks to finish my revisions for my final exams and I did not want to fail any papers as I wanted to complete what I have started properly.

"Have you called Yoongi?" Rachel asked me.

I looked at her in the kitchen as I was busy revising y notes I have written before. Rachel was cooking us lunch since we hadn't spent time together much for the past few weeks. It has been a traumatic week for both of us ever since we witness things that we shouldn't have. We did not want to talk about it as it would be more traumatic, and it would affect our concentration on our exams.

"I will talk to him once I am done with my revision," I answered her in short.

"You sure that you are okay? You seem very worried about something," Rachel asked me suddenly.

It was as if she could sense my worries, and it was like I was transparent with her that she could just see through me easily.

"Yeah, sure. Why?" I lied to her.

"Because you have been on that slide for at least an hour," Rachel noticed me from the kitchen.

I looked at her in despair and sighed hard. I looked at my phone, and it was already 2 pm, but I wasn't starving. I just wanted to lay down on my bed a while and swallow my worries and concerns about Yoongi.

"I am going to lay down a bit. Call me if my Yoongi calls me," I told Rachel as I walked towards my room.

I closed the door behind me and slowly slipped onto my bed as I adjusted my pillow properly. I closed my eyes and dozed off immediately. After some time, something was concerning me badly as I wondered how come I was back in Yoongi's guest house looking at the calm blue-green lake. Suddenly, the lake turned from blue-green to a reddish blood color and I heard someone crying for help from the lake. I quickly ran towards the lake and search for the source of the sound.

All of a sudden, the same bloody hand and the eerie-looking face appeared from the waters. The hand-pulled my hand tried to drown me as I yelled for help because I thought I was drowning in the lake. As I scream for help, I realized that woman was Ashley, and she was trying to tell me something. I noticed she wasn't trying to drown or kill me in the waters but trying to show me that her body was laying down there among the stones there.

Suddenly, I felt someone shaking me frantically and calling out for my name. I looked around and panicked as there was no one there, but I could still my name being called loudly.

"Hey! Babe! Wake up! It is just a dream! Wake up!" Rachel woke me up frantically.

I quickly opened my eyes and looked at Rachel as I was sweating badly. She told me that I was yelling for no reason and was rumbling about someone named Ashley.

"Who is Ashley?" Rachel asked me as she handed me a glass of water to cool me down.

"The woman from the lake. Her necklace is the one that was stolen and because of her, things turn badly," I said as I wiped off my sweat.

"Okay, just relax. You are still in the trauma of what has happened, and it was just a dream," Rachel convinced me.

"It isn't, Rach. She was trying to tell me something and I think I know where to start," I said as I got up from the bed.

"This doesn't make any sense. You had a bad dream. Everyone does," Rachel tried to make me stay in bed.

"I had dreams about her before, and it was true. It was all hints, Rach. How do you think I got the note from my pocket? How can I know what is "code red" is in the first place? Ashley gave it to me, in my dream," I knew I sounded ridiculous, but I couldn't be bothered.

"Can you hear yourself now? I thought the note is something that you came up with because "code red" means "in danger" and Yoongi understood the note but said it has another meaning to it that is crazy!" Rachel got worried.

"Think about it, Rach. Why did Yoongi know where to head after the note I send him through the text? You think Ashley couldn't have just written "in danger" on the note instead of writing a hint that only Yoongi knows?" I explained to Rachel as I changed to my outside clothes.

Look here. I am still confused, and I definitely do not want to argue about this now. You are not well. You have to calm yourself down first if not you can't write the finals properly," Rachel said.

"I am in my right mind; Rach plus I am well aware of the finals that are in three weeks' time. I will be back soon but don't wait up for me," I said as I walked out of the room.

"Where are you going? Lunch is ready," Rachel said to me curiously.

"I will come back and eat. I have to go somewhere now," I said.

"You are heading to Yoongi's, right?" Rachel caught me.

I nodded my head and sheepishly smiled at her. I knew she did not want me to get involved in anything that concerns him for now as she just wanted me to concentrate on my exams which were just in three weeks' time.

"Trust me, I will be fine and will be back alive. Don't worry too much," I assured Rachel.

Rachel sighed as she looked at me getting into my Axia car and driving off the lawn. I know I cannot afford to worry about what Rachel was thinking and worrying about now as I was more concerned about Yoongi and Ashley at that time. I had to solve this Ashley's murder case as soon as possible so that she could rest in peace and at least Yoongi would know what really happened to his housemaid.