Chapter 21-Blame the Blamer

When Yoongi's brother and his girlfriend came back to the house, Yoongi was ready to pop the question to his brother about the keys he had to the basement. Yoongi got all so worked up when he found out that his brother secretly stashed another set of the basement keys without even telling him. Yoongi knew his grandfather seriously warned him to keep the basement keys only to himself and not to anyone else in the house. I was sitting in the hall waiting for the moment of truth but decided not to get involved too much. As they walked into the house, Yoongi took a deep breath.

"How was your shopping?" Yoongi started nicely.

"It could be better I guess. She wouldn't stop buying," his brother complained about his girlfriend.

"Hyung, I want to ask you something," Yoongi asked his brother.

"Yeah, anything for my little mafia brother," he said as he placed the bags down.

I rolled my eyes and bit my inner cheeks to contain my anger in me. I did not want to ruin the moment of truth for Yoongi, so I had to be patient.

"Do you have any spare keys for the house?", Yoongi asked his brother.

Yoongi's brother and his girlfriend clearly were taken aback by that question from Yoongi. His brother looked at his girlfriend and signaled her to go into the room first.

"I will take a bath now. You boys have fun and you too," she faked a smile at me.

"Actually I need the both of you in here. So, please stay," Yoongi stopped his brother's girlfriend.

"No, I don't have the keys to the basement. Why do you ask?" his brother asked back.

"I did not say anything about the basement, hyung. I asked if you have any spare keys for the house", Yoongi replied as he caught his brother in a lie.

"The house? Oh, I meant the house! Why would I have the keys to the basement? Isn't that your responsibility?" his brother tried to cover up his lie.

"How the hell do you know that it is my responsibility to handle the basement keys, hyung? Did grandfather tell you anything?" Yoongi glared at his hyung coldly.

I could sense that Yoongi was almost going to lose it towards his brother and I should do something to stop a huge fight that was going to happen, but I waited a while longer instead.

"I just-just guessed, and what's up with that tone of yours? Manners, please?" his brother teased Yoongi.

Yoongi looked at me and I knew exactly what I was supposed to do. So, I walked into their room and took out the basement keys from their drawers. I came out from the room and gave the keys to Yoongi in his hand. His brother and his girlfriend were shocked to see the keys in Yoongi's hand and I thought they were caught red-handed at last, but I did not know they had other plans for us instead.

"How sure are you that your girlfriend here did not plant these keys in the room and just came out with it?" Yoongi's brother's girlfriend asked Yoongi.

"Hey! Watch it, lady! You are caught so just admit it!" I said in anger.

"Stop being rude to my girlfriend here! You have no right to speak to her like that," Yoongi's brother raised his voice at me.

"Don't talk to her like that and don't blame her for your mistake! Just admit it!", Yoongi yelled at his brother.

"Seriously, Yoongi? You are going to trust her more than me now? I am your brother, Yoongi and who is she?" Yoongi's brother provoked Yoongi.

"My wife! She is my life! Now, tell me how did you get these keys, hyung! I will let it go this time if you admit it," Yoongi asked his brother one last time.

"I did not have these. That is the truth. What are you going to do now?" his brother provoked Yoongi again.

This time Yoongi couldn't control his anger and went in for a punch. He almost made that punch on his brother's nose, but I managed to hold Yoongi back. I whispered in Yoongi's ears that I wanted to punch his brother too, but the situation would become worse if he had punched his brother and I also said, "We can watch our enemies are better when they are closer".

"You little-!" Yoongi's brother's girlfriend raised her hand to hit Yoongi, but his brother stopped her.

"Let it go now, honey. He is deluded by his love for her. I forgive him. Let's go now," Yoongi's brother shamelessly said.

"Forgive me? Who are you to forgive me?! You are a liar, and you are forgiving me?!" Yoongi yelled at his brother.

"Maybe the keys are yours? Have you checked your room for those? I have a doubt that your girlfriend is pulling this stunt again to seek attention," Yoongi's brother said.

I gasped at his statement and rolled my eyes. I did not want to fight back with his brother as I thought I would speak up once I have clear evidence that he was lying about not having the keys.

"Don't you dare, hyung! These keys are yours and I can prove that it is not mine," Yoongi said as he walked up the stairs to his room.

I was downstairs with them, and I was hoping that Yoongi would find his set of keys and prove both of them wrong. If this goes south Ville, I would be blamed for planting the keys in their room. Yoongi came down after 10 minutes of searching his room for the keys. I looked at his hands but it was empty. He did not find the keys?

"So? Did you find your keys?" his brother asked Yoongi.

"How would he when these are the keys," Yoongi's brother's girlfriend said as she pointed at the keys in my hand.

Yoongi looked at me but did not have any eye contact with me. He looked so confused at what had just happened. He knew something was wrong, but he just couldn't point it out clearly.

"So, I guess now we know who is to be blamed here," Yoongi's brother said as he picked up the bags from the floor.

Yoongi turned and looked at me suspiciously.

"Did you give me back the keys after using them?" Yoongi suspected me.

"I did. You placed it in your back pocket. I saw it myself," I said in defense.

"Then how did it go missing all of a sudden? You said you saw a face in the water a day ago but nothing was in there. You also said something wanted your help and that is why you wanted to head to the basement again", Yoongi said as he looked at me like a suspect.

"What is your point here, Yoongi?" I asked him as my voice cracked a little.

"So, you did all of this to get whose attention? Mine? My brother's?", Yoongi asked me.

"What?! Yoongi...! You think I planted the keys in their room and for what? You saw the keys for yourself there a while ago, and now you are blaming me for it? I was with you all the while, remember?" I explained to Yoongi.

"So, you are saying that my brother is a liar, and you are innocent?" Yoongi sarcastically said to me.

"Yoongi, I am not saying anything. Your brother clearly wants me to get out of this house, and he is just using you. Look at the bigger picture here. I was with you all the while so how could have possibly done something like that? Think, Yoongi, think!" I had to put some sense into Yoongi.

"Until I find out the truth, you are my number one suspect in this house and if I find out it was you, I will kill you without hesitation," Yoongi said as he stormed out angrily.

I was taken aback to hear these hideous words come out of Yoongi's mouth and my tears were falling down my chubby cheeks. I couldn't have imagined that Yoongi have changed so much for the worse and would forget everything between them. I was hurt by his words but decided to keep an eye on Yoongi's brother and his girlfriend. As long as I live, I wanted my Min Yoongi to be happy and loved, so I would do anything to make sure of it.