Chapter 50-The Rustling Noise

I was sitting in Ashley's living hall with Ray Delgado beside me, "How did she die?"

"She died in her sleep. That is what the doctors are saying but I don't buy it," he sobbed as he spoke.

"And why is that?" I asked him, squinting my eyes at him.

"She was with me the night before and she was a little drunk. I sent her back home and left her immediately but she called me that night before heading to bed. That is when I heard some rustling sound in the background but Ashley brushed it off and continued talking to me over the phone," he narrated what happened that night.

"What was that rustling sound?" I asked him curiously.

"I wanted to ask her again but the line got disconnected. So, I called her again but her phone was switched off," he continued through his sobbing.

"Switched off?" I was confused.

Ray nodded his head and wiped his tears. He was also confused why would Ashely's phone switched off suddenly that night. I was more concerned about the rustling sound that Ashely and Ray heard in Ashely's house. 

"Can I take a look at her room?" I asked him as I got up.

"Sure. I will make some tea for you," Ray stood up and headed to the kitchen.

"Thanks, Ray!" I appreciated his gesture.

I walked into Ashely's room and it smelled like lavender, which was her favorite scent. She uses a lavender scent for her room to calm her down when she is stressed about work. I noticed a small mud stain on the floor in front of her cupboard, so, I decided to open the cupboard to check if anything suspicious was hidden there. I notice her clothes were messed up in her drawer and her cupboard too. I took out all of her clothes and wanted to fold them back neatly when Ray came into the room with two cups of tea in his hand. 

"I have to sort out her clothes. You can leave it as it is for now," Ray faintly said in his low-toned voice.

"I can help you out with her clothes. You have been through so much," I smiled faintly at him.

"I will be going back in a while and coming back tomorrow to pack her clothes. If you want, you could stay over," he sipped his tea.

"Maybe I should. I want to help you pack her clothes too and see what Ashely was up to that night by tracing back her actions, maybe?" I assumed.

"Okay then, if anything make sure to give a call," he said as he left the room. 

I smiled at him and continued to fold her clothes in her luggage bag. I wanted to know what Ashley saw or heard that night because I felt Ashely's death wasn't involuntary. Her death has to do something with that rustling noise that both of them heard that night. I knew I have seen situations that cannot be described by words, so, this incident didn't amuse me. Then I heard that rustling sound that Ray describe to me just a while ago. It was coming from the window and I knew I had to gather my courage to check the window. 

As I walked slowly to the window, I heard a voice behind me, "Finding someone?" 

I quickly turned around with my heartbeat rising in fear and saw a familiar face in front of me. It was the same guy whom I met in the portal. I sighed hard in relieve and smirked at him. 

"It is you again. How did you come in? Pretend I did not ask you that," I rolled my eyes.

"Why are you so worked up wanting to find out who killed your friend?" he asked me curiously.

"Because she is frie-wait, how do know if she was killed or died in her sleep?" I stammered.

"Don't you have to find something to bring back Suga?" he shot me verbally again.

"You didn't answer my question yet. How sure are you that Ashely was killed?" I asked him again.

"I was here when she died," he shot his cold death stare at me.

"So, the rustling sound that Ashely heard before she died was you? You killed her?!" I bellowed.

"Don't jump to conclusion. I did not kill her and yes, the rustling sound she heard was me that day," he explained calmly.

"How did she die? You saw it, right?" I snapped at him again.

"She came out to the garden to check the noise as I was hiding behind one of her bushes and I saw your friend, Rachel in the house," he narrated.

"Rachel? What was she doing here?" I mumbled under my breath.

"I tried to warn Ashley but it was too late. Your friend, Rachel strangled her by her neck and dragged her into the house. I couldn't see what happened after that," he explained.

"Rachel strangled Ashely? Why would I believe you? You are just a stranger whom I don't even know," I snarled at him.

"I don't have to prove anything to you. I am here to help you," he replied me sarcastically.

"I don't need your help! I don't trust you at all. Why did you disappear when you landed from the portal? Are you hiding something that I should know about?" I sneered at him.

"There would be a time for me to tell you everything and you have to earn that from me," he replied.

"You are just full of yourself! I don't you to tell me what to do! Just leave," I was livid.

"I can't break my promise that I have made, so, I can't leave you alone now," he said.

"Who did you make a promise to? To me? I don't think so, mister!" I sneered at him.

"I made that promise to that someone that you love and cherish. So, let me help you," he convinced me.

"I don't know who are you talking about. I don't love or cherish anyone anymore. I don't know who to trust and love," my voice was implying that I was retreating, withdrawing.

"Well I hadn't thought about it yet." He stepped closer. "The truth is now that I've had time I see that maybe it's going to work out. But let's not be hasty." He placed his hand on the small of her back.

"How sure are you that I could trust you?" I was still confused.

He looked at me and smiled warmly, "I am Park Jimin. They call me the black angel in my world."

"The black angel? Where are you wings?" I teased him.

"I can sense mockery in your tone. I will only use it when it is needed," he whispered.

"I am sorry for teasing you. It is that I have been through so much weird situation that I cannot be amused or surprised by anything unusual," I admitted as I continued to fold Ashley's clothes. 

"So far, you have only seen a quarter of unusual events in your life. You have more to come," he explained.

"More to come, I see! I am not ready for this, to be honest," I admitted again.

"I will be a shoulder to lean on when you are tired and sad. I will be there for you as I promised someone that I would take care of his love of his life," he said.

"Who is this someone, may I know?" I asked him curiously.

"Someone that you love more than your life," he explained.

"Min Suga?" I said his name because I know he was the only one whom I love more than my life. 

Park Jimin smiled at me and nodded his head. The more he spoked about Suga to me, the more I wanted to know how he knew Suga. I gathered my courage once again and took a deep breath, wanting to make sure I would process Park Jimin's words when I ask him about Suga.

"How did you know Suga?" I asked him.

 "You should ask Suga yourself," said Park Jimin. "Let's get back to this Ashley's case, shall we?"

"I doubt that. I don't think he wants to see me again," I sighed hard.

"He will and it would be real soon," Park Jimin convinced me.