Chapter 38- The Earrings

Note: Modern English dialogues to Olden English dialogues

*The vocabularies of the olden English words are below*

The next morrow as the prince woke up 'in the woman's cottage, he apace got up and looked for that woman around the cottage yet he couldn't find her. The doors were wide open and there were no signs of her 'in the cottage. The prince panicked a few and rushed out of the cottage looking out for her. Just as he wanted to search for her 'in the woods, she appeared from nowhere from the back of her cottage bearing a piece of paper 'in her hand.

"Did you know there would a coronation for our new king?" she said as she looked at the piece of paper excitedly. 

"Where didst thou get that?" the prince asked her curiously as he approached her softly.

"I found it on the ground over there," she said as she pointed at the back of her cottage. 

"Have thou seen thy new king ere?" the prince asked her as he took the paper from her.

"Well, I haven't seen him before but I heard he is very handsome. He has an elder brother too and I am wondering why the coronation is not for his elder brother instead?" she bit her lips as she walked into her cottage carrying a basket full of wild mushrooms.

"Maybe because his elder brother loves his brother too much and that why the coronation is for his younger brother instead," the prince tried to reason out.

"I agree that his elder brother loves his brother but I feel something is amiss here. Maybe some palace politics? What do you think, mister thief?" she asked him.

"Thief-okay, first of all, I know not aught about the palace politics as thou see I am holding, but for a mere cut-purse thee. Second, what causes thee regard that I am a cut-purse?" the prince was curious.

"The royal clothes and ornaments tell a lot about you, mister thief!" she chuckled as she placed her basket on the stove.

The prince sighed and walked over to the hall that he was sleeping on. He dug into his bag and started searching for something strenuously. The woman came out from her commons and looked upon being 'in confusion. She wondered what he was looking for 'in his rugged bag so hard that he might tear that bag into pieces.

"What are you looking for?" she asked him curiously.

"My earrings are missing. Didst thou see 'em?" the prince asked her as he was still looking into his bag.

"What? So, you are calling me a thief?" she replied back sheepishly.

"Look hither lady, that earrings mine late mother left me ere she died giving birth to me. Should thee hast seen or taken it, please return those to me. 'Tis most valuable to me. Take the apparel instead," the prince pleaded with her as he handed her the apparel.

The woman bit her lips hard and felt guilty presently as she knew she didst a grave mistake. She couldn't brow the prince and hung her pate to the ground 'in embarrassment. She took a deep breath and clenched her teeth.

"Okay, fine! I am sorry. I sold your earrings for the mushrooms!" she said as she closed her eyes tightly. 

"You what?! How could thou?! Didn't say to thou that rummaging through one's bag is rude?!" the prince raised his voice upon'r.

"I said I am sorry! I didn't know that earrings meant so much to you. I thought we need to eat and that is why I exchanged them for the mushrooms I got here," she said as her tears fell from her chubby cheeks. 

The prince noticed that she was sobbing and his heart melted. He apace closed his rugged bag and placed it back towards the ground as he sighed pate. He rushed out of the cottage and walked to the back of her cottage for some fresh air. He knew he shouldn't hast raised his voice to her yet what she didst was partially wrong too. He just wanted to clear his mind and get back into the cottage to apologize to her.