Chapter 26-The Text Note

We reached Yoongi's brother's hide-out place and found out that his brother's girlfriend was also present there too. She saw us coming through with her so-called boyfriend's bodyguard into the building and quickly took Yoongi's brother hostage. He was at gunpoint when we arrived at the scene, I was surprised to see Yoongi's brother tied up to a chair and was helpless. At least Yoongi managed to suck out some information from Jason while he was taken, hostage.

"I am surprised to see a mafia being tied up to a chair and taken hostage. How is that working out for you, big brother?" Yoongi sarcastically told his brother.

"I wanted you to be safe first before attempting to kill her," his brother explained.

"I am touched hyung. Really touched," Yoongi teased back.

"By the way. Where are your men?" I asked Yoongi curiously.

"Stop it with your brotherly love towards each other and place your guns down on the floor. If not, I will put a bullet right through his head," the girlfriend threatened us.

"Can you take her to the room next door here? Lock the door when you leave her in there," Yoongi whispered into one of the guy's ears.

No one moves from here! I need her too. She has been a pain in my ass ever since we met and oh, you want to know what I did to your guys, Yoongi?", the girlfriend smirked.

"I am a pain in the ass for you? What did I ever do to you? You started it off first by scalding my hand two days back, and you are calling me a pain the ass? How dare you, gold digger!" I yelled at her.

Yoongi pulled me back to stop me from walking towards her as she took off her gun from Yoongi's brother's head and aimed at me instead.

"Just go to the room beside and wait for me there. Free my guys when you go and for now, I will take care of this," Yoongi whispered to me.

"But Yoongi I don't-," I couldn't finish my sentences as Yoongi kissed my lips and gave me his assurance by that kiss.

"Ah, that is so sweet, isn't it? Speaking of that, where is Jason?" she asked Yoongi curiously.

"Dead," Yoongi said as he smirked at her.

This was a distraction for her and I took this chance to walk away to the next room with one of the bodyguards with me. I told him to check the other rooms for Yoongi's men while I check the rest of the rooms for them. As soon as I opened one of the room doors, 6 of Yoongi's men were tied up and gagged on the floor. They looked at me and their voices muffled as I learned that they were knocked out by unconscious smoke cans in the room. It was the right timing when I opened the door, and they woke up from their unconsciousness. I helped them get untied, and they assured me that Yoongi would be safe, and I should stay till Yoongi comes back to get me. The bodyguard who went in search of those men came back with Rachel and told us to stay in there till everything is over.

"How did you get here?" I asked Rachel in shock.

"That woman found us and trapped us in the rooms. She wanted Yoongi alive, so she didn't kill any of them or even me. She said she wants you dead with Yoongi," Rachel explained to me.

"They didn't hurt you, right?" I asked her in concern.

"No, but what happened to that guy she was with? They both came here first with his brother and tied him up before the guy wanted to go over to Yoongi's place," Rachel said.

"He is dead, Rach. Don't worry about him now," I told Rachel.

"By the way, did you give Yoongi the paper you had just now?" Rachel asked me.

"Oh, shit! I forgot! I have to give him. Wait here!" I said as I walked to the door slowly.

"Wait! What if he is busy doing whatever he is supposed to do in there, and you just can't go in there like that," Rachel started to sound ridiculous.

I told her to keep her voice down and opened the door slowly. I peeped out a little and saw that there were two guys guarding the room door as it was closed. I recognized one of them who killed Jason in the basement, so I called him over. He looked at me in shock and walked over to me in surprise.

"I want you to give this to Yoongi. Make it fast!" I told him in a low tone.

"I don't think I could do that ma'am. Sir is making a deal with her right now, and it would be dangerous for him and his brother," he said as he looked at the paper.

"Come on. This is urgent. Can't you-Oh, you know what, it is fine. I will handle this myself. Thank you. Now you can go back to guarding that door," I said as I closed the door.

I took out my phone and took a picture of the note. I texted Yoongi it was from Ashley and sent him the image I took. After I sent the image and the text, I really wished and hoped that Yoongi would read my message there.

"Brilliant! That's my friend!" Rachel was proud of me.

"Will he read this? What he didn't read it?" I started to get worked up.

"I am sure he would read it. Quit overthinking," Rachel advised me.

Just then, my text got blue ticks to it, and it means he has read it. Suddenly, Rachel and I heard a gunshot coming from that room and I opened the door. Just then, Yoongi came out from the room with his brother behind him. I took a step back and was worried about what would happen next.

"I thought I told you to stay inside", Yoongi said as he placed his gun back in his back pocket.

"I heard gunshots and I wanted to see if you were okay", I replied him.

"Maria is dead. So, clean up the body and dispose of it. She is a pain in the ass though," Yoongi's brother casually said as he looked at his men.

"Maria?", I asked Yoongi curiously.

"That would be hyung's ex-girlfriend who double-crossed him," Yoongi said as he looked at me.

"So, you killed her before knowing where she hid the necklace?" I asked them both in shock.

"No, I didn't kill her, Yoongi did," Yoongi's brother casually said.

"That is for hurting you, princess. And we do now where to find the necklace. All thanks to you," Yoongi smiled.

"To me? What did I do?" I asked him curiously.

"The text you sent me earlier gave me a hint where to find that necklace," Yoongi showed me the text I sent him.

"Shall we move then?" Yoongi's brother said as he signaled his guys to move along.

"Do you trust him still?" I asked Yoongi curiously.

"I don't actually, but he is my insurance when we get there," Yoongi whispered to me.

I did not feel good when Yoongi said his brother is insurance for Yoongi when we got to that place. My mind exploded with some crazy questions like, "Why do Yoongi need insurance to get to that place? Is that place more dangerous than those two places we have been before this? Why would Ashley send a hint that would probably cost lives just for her necklace? Is she that selfish?" The more important question that ran through my mind was, "Will we make it alive from that place?"