Chapter 20-Trust is Everything

"I am telling you that your brother is someone who cannot be trusted. Why don't you believe me?" I tried to convince Yoongi.

"That is because you keep hurting me by denying I am your Min Yoongi," Yoongi replied to me.

"What is that got to do with what I have just told you. I said I heard the both of them talking about taking over this house from you and covering the real truth behind Ashley's murder," I explained to Yoongi.

"You know, even if you keep saying Ashley's murder and not an accident, I wouldn't trust you or look at my brother how you look at him," Yoongi raised his voice.

"You don't have to trust me. Just listen to me, will you? Your life is in danger. They both murdered Ashley, I don't know how, but I will find out soon," I explained to him again.

"Are you even hearing yourself now? My life is in danger because of my brother and his girlfriend? This is ridiculous," Yoongi sighed.

"Okay then. Do whatever you want but before that, send me back home. I don't want to get involved in any of these family matters of yours," I provoked him.

"You do realize that you are my family too, right? So, how can you separate us just like that? Plus you have signed a contract on this to keep your parents alive," Yoongi explained.

"So, you won't send me back home, you won't believe my words, and you won't give me my freedom? Is that all? I did not sign up for these!" I raised my voice at him.

"Sending you back home is out of the question, but how can you say I did not give you any freedom? I wouldn't have given you the spare keys if I did not want to give you any freedom!" Yoongi fought back.

"Oh, that makes me happy now! Thank you for giving me my freedom to the basement, and thank you for letting me waste my energy on you, Yoongi!" I almost burst out of tears.

There was an awkward silence between the both of us for a while before Yoongi dashed out from the room as he slammed the room door loudly. I climbed on the bed and curled up in a fetal position and started to cry. After a while of crying, I heard the room door open and I turned around to see who was it. Yoongi quietly walked over to me and laid on the bed beside me for the first time. I wanted to get up but Yoongi pulled me back into bed as he cuddled with me on the bed.

"What are you doing? Get out, or I will scream now," I threatened him.

"Scream all you want. No one is in the house. No one would hear you," Yoongi said as he held my body close to his.

"Just let me go, will you? I don't know what your intention here is, but I don't like this," I said as I tried to push his hand away.

"Say that you believe me that I am the Min Yoongi that you know then I will let go. I promise," he promised me.

"You are not and I cannot lie. Min Yoongi would believe me by now, or he would have at least investigated before lashing out," I said as I stayed still on the bed.

"I am your Yoongi, you know. You think I didn't recognize you when you came to my office to speak with me?," Yoongi said.

"So, you pretended? I get it because you are different now-all mafia-like and cold-hearted and mean but wanting to kill my parents is on another level," I replied to him.

I had to do that so that I could be focused on eliminating my enemies that would harm you. Like my partner," Yoongi explained.

"So, just continue being cold-hearted and mean so that you could focus on your whatever. Leave me out of it. I don't have to do anything for you to believe me," I said as I pushed his hand away.

I got up from the bed and adjusted my hair in the mirror. I wanted to go down to the kitchen and check if there was any food because I was hungry. I open the door and walked out of the room but then Yoongi was fast enough to pull me back inside. He held my face and came closer. He kissed my lips without even stopping to look at my reaction. Everything happened so fast that my head was spinning, and my heart was beating so fast. I was pushed against the wall as I tried to push him away, but he continued to kiss my lips passionately. I gave in to that kiss after a while and I started to enjoy his wet lips against mine. Yoongi then parted from me and looked at me.

"You don't have to believe me either but just let me be your friend again to make you happy," Yoongi said as he wiped his lips.

"Friends don't kiss," I teased Yoongi for the first time.

"So, let's start back our friendship on this kiss, and let's see where it takes us to, shall we?" Yoongi suggested.

"I am surprised that the Almighty Mafia Leader Mr. Min is asking me to be his friend. Okay, deal, but you have to let me have my freedom," I reminded him again.

"I already gave you your freedom, princess. This is your house too. Do what you like," Yoongi replied with a charming smile.

"I have a question. I thought about this doubt when you pinned me to the wall just a while ago. Why does your brother have another set of keys to the basement?" I smirked as I asked him.

"What a doubt when kissing passionately! My brother doesn't have the keys to the room. Only myself," Yoongi replied to me.

"Your brother has another set of keys to that room, trust me. He was down there with me in the basement," I explained to Yoongi.

"Come on. I will prove to you that he doesn't have the keys. Let's go!" Yoongi pulled me downstairs.

We entered Yoongi's brother's room and Yoongi switched on the lights. He walked over to his cupboard and searched for the keys that I was talking about, but it was in vain. He looked at me and nodded his head, but I told him to continue his search. Yoongi opened the chest of drawers and dug in deeper and deeper in search of the key. As he wanted to back off from the drawer, something caught his fingers and he pulled it out in force. It was the keys that I was talking about. It was taped under the drawers for safety measures and to make sure Yoongi doesn't find out about the keys as well.

"How is this-?" Yoongi was shocked to see another set of the basement keys in his brother's drawers.

"Now you see what I am talking about here? I know what I saw, Yoongi," I said as I looked at him.

"How could he have this when grandfather gave me his only set to me? He did a spare with this? When did he-?" Yoongi stammered as he kept looking at the keys.

"Look here Yoongi, I know it is all very confusing, and you want answers from your brother but just think about it. If he knows that you know about this, he would flip out on you. Take it slow and get it out from him, okay?" I said as I held his hand.

"I mean it is just another set of keys to a room, right? It doesn't mean my brother is trying to harm or kill me, right?" Yoongi's voice cracked for the first time.

"First thing is first. Put back the keys in the drawers and let's get out now before they come back," I warned him.

Yoongi shook his head and placed back the keys in the drawers and shut it slowly. He switched off the lights and closed the room door as we walked out. He walked to the hall and sat on the sofa trying to think of a solution to make him feel better about the situation.

"It is okay to be not okay. It is okay that you feel this way. Forget what I have said earlier to you in the room about your brother. Now, let's have dinner, shall we?" I tried to convince him.

"Stay with me, will you?" Yoongi uttered as his voice cracked.

"What, now?" I asked back.

"No, not only now. Forever? Till we grow old together?" he said as he looked at me.

I was stunned at how vulnerable the Mafia Leader Min Yoongi could be at that moment. I took a deep breath and hugged him tightly.

"As long as you want me to," I said.