Chapter 41- Ducking in the Woods

Note: Modern English dialogues to Olden English dialogues

*The vocabularies of the olden English words are below*

Ava and Prince AgustD duck behind a jagged rock, trying to shallow their breathing as Ava hears two people approaching. She strained her ears to hear what they are saying. Their voices identify them as two males who seem to be arguing. Ava quickly risks a look from behind the rock and sees a short, stubby man and a larger man with a hood over his head so only his eyes are visible. 

The larger man is angry, "I saw them going this way! You take the north side and I will take the west side!". 

The short man shakes his head and looks furious and his face so red that Ava was sure his chubby cheeks would have exploded! He shouts a string of curses and walked to the north side of the forest in search of them. The larger man's gaze passes near where they are squatting. Ava pushed the prince's head down as she ducked down, sensing his bird-like eyes scanning their hiding place as if he knows someone is watching. Footsteps trail away from their hiding place but Ava told the prince to wait until they are faint. Then, they crept out, and, against all Ava's instincts, the prince followed her from behind, watching her every step as he knew a single foot out of place will reveal them.

"Hey! You! Stop! We've, like, received an anonymous tip about the prince and the woman he escaped just a while ago from the castle. They told us they were wandering around the woods right now," one of the royal guards halted a couple in the woods suddenly. 

"... Huh? What is it, sir? The prince and a woman? ... like, what about it?" the man asked the royal guard in shock.

"We have to kill you now if you pretend you didn't see them. Tell us the truth and your life would be spared!" the royal guard threatened him.

Ava and the prince saw the royal guards threatening the couples that they would kill them if they lied. The prince wanted to show himself but Ava stopped him immediately. She told him not to rush and regret it later. The prince looked at Ava and tried to convince her that if he didn't show himself now, the couple would be dead. He was adamant and Ava had no choice but to let him go again. He told Ava to wait for him there while he spoke with the royal guards to leave the couple alone. 

"You do know that there is no talking with those royal guards, right?" Ava said as she pulled him closer to her. 

"I hast no choice. I hast to divert those royal guards, so, thou run and find us a safer place somewhere else," the prince told Ava.

"Wait, no! I am not leaving you! I am leaving with you," Ava stressed to the prince that she wasn't leaving the prince behind with those royal guards. 

Prince AgusD looked into Ava's eyes and pulled her even closer to him suddenly. Ava felt as her heart was racing with its highest speed that very tender touch of his palm on hers. Slowly he makes space between her fingers and held her hand tightly, she was nervous and fumbled with her words. He kissed her soft and wet lips softly. 

Ava knew that the eyes are the windows to the soul when two people are seriously crazy about each other their eyes seem even more intense and they can't seem to unlock each other's gaze and the world melts away. Ava could tell a lot about his eye contact. She could see all emotions in his eyes. He wanted her to know that he would do anything for her and would come back for her no matter what happens.

Prince AgusD got up as Ava was still holding his hand and looked at him. She was afraid of what might behold him after this and what if he doesn't come back to her as promised. Prince AgusD quickly kissed Ava's hand and climbed up the rock and started walking towards the royal guards who were still threatening the couple in the woods. He quickly took out his sword and pointed at the royal guard asking him to step away from the couple. He signaled the couple to escape the scene immediately as he held the royal guard in control with his sharp sword.