Chapter 23- The Venom

"Hey, Yoongi-ah, can I speak with you alone?" his brother whispered to Yoongi.

He thought I couldn't hear him, but I pretended not to know anything and continued making a sandwich for myself for dinner that day. I couldn't spot Yoongi's brother's girlfriend anywhere, so I assumed she was in her room upstairs on her Instagram page like usual. I noticed Yoongi and his brother enter the downstairs room and his brother closed the door behind them as soon as they entered. I finished making my sandwich and took my plate upstairs to my room so that I could eat and do my revision at the same time.

Since my right hand was scalded badly, I couldn't do much with the writings, so I decided to read my notes using the voice recorder in Microsoft Word. I wanted to print them as soon as I finish one chapter and by then, I really hoped that my right hand would be better to write. Time passed and as I was reading my notes aloud, I heard someone yelling downstairs and something broke. I quickly closed my laptop and got up to check what was going on downstairs. As soon as I got downstairs, I saw Yoongi's brother's girlfriend was holding on to something. Yoongi rushed towards me and signaled me to head back upstairs.

"Why would you do that to your brother?!" the girlfriend yelled at Yoongi.

"What is going on here? Do what?" I asked as I was confused.

"Go back upstairs and don't come down no matter what you hear," Yoongi pushed me back to the stairs.

"No, I want to know-," I froze as I saw Yoongi's brother holding his bloody head with a towel.

"I did not do that to him, it was him. Not me, trust me," Yoongi said as he looked at me.

"Wait, wait-," I was interrupted again with another yelling.

"I saw what you did to him, and you can lie about it?! Do you think you can get away with this?! He is your brother for God's sake, Yoongi!" the girlfriend screamed at the top of her lungs to Yoongi angrily.

"Hyung! Tell her it is not me! You did this to yourself, and now you want to blame me?!" Yoongi raised his voice.

"You are my brother and I forgive you for doing this to me. You could have just said no to what I was asking for," Yoongi's brother said as he held his head with that towel.

Blood was dripping on the floor from Yoongi's brother's head and his girlfriend was helping him to hold the towel steady so that no more blood oozed out from his head. I stood there speechless and frozen a while but something snapped me out of my imagination and I reached for my phone in my pocket.

"What are you doing? Are you calling the cops?" the girlfriend asked me.

"Isn't that the right thing to do now?" I replied her.

"Don't do that! Call the ambulance instead, or I will drive him myself to the hospital," the girlfriend said as she looked at me.

I wondered why she became restless when I said I wanted to call the police. I couldn't think further to process the "why" and the "how" in that situation. I just quickly called an ambulance and told them they would be here in 10 minutes time and Yoongi's brother should place some ice over his head so that it would stop the bleeding. I pulled Yoongi aside and asked him what was going on and why was his brother bleeding to death over there.

"I swear I was just talking to him, and he suddenly took the huge metal flower vase in the room and hit his head several times. I don't know-I seriously don't-", Yoongi stammered as he tried to explain.

"What was he talking about?" I asked Yoongi as I rubbed his arms for comfort.

"The house? The basement? I said I can't give the house, but he could share it with me, but he wouldn't budge. That is when he did that to himself," Yoongi explained again.

This was the first time I saw Yoongi stammer badly because he was nervous. He kept his calm even though he stammered with his words with me. He did not show any reactions to his face, but his words said everything opposite when he spoke with me trying to explain what went down that day. We heard the ambulance arrive and Yoongi rushed to his brother to help him but Yoongi's brother's girlfriend pushed him aside and brought his brother outside to the ambulance. I saw Yoongi was devastated and hurt by what happened, and he was confused why his brother did that to himself. I was confused myself, but I know I should trust Yoongi on this I just wondered why did his brother hot himself with that metal vase. I looked at Yoongi and took a deep breath.

"Yoongi, look here. If your brother did this to himself, then you shouldn't be here anymore. Let's just go back home, and we will settle things with him there. Legally," I tried to convince Yoongi.

"Legally? No! You know I can't do anything legally, right? You don't get it. This house was from my grandfather, and he told me not to sell it to anyone. Here my brother wants it badly and is willing to do anything to get it. What I don't understand here is, why would he want the basement gone?" Yoongi wondered.

"I think I know what you mean here. I want to show you something. Come on!" I said as I pulled Yoongi upstairs.

Yoongi followed me to the basement and I carefully switched on the lights as we got down the stairs. I walked over to the huge photo and flipped it to the side. Yoongi saw what I also saw, and he was surprised to see just a wall. I looked carefully at the wall and touched it in shock.

"It should be here! How come it is gone?" I said in shock.

"What should be here and what is gone?" Yoongi asked me back.

"The safe. There was a safe here. I saw it that day!" I explained to Yoongi.

Suddenly, a loud gunshot was heard, and we turned around in shock. The girlfriend was standing there with a gun in her hand pointing at Yoongi because she knows if she pointed at me, Yoongi would have done something.

"Get your ass back up there and follow me!" she looked at me as she pointed the gun at Yoongi.

"You don't have to do this. If you want this house so bad, I will give it to you. Just don't hurt her. She had nothing to do with all this," Yoongi said as he walked towards her slowly.

"I said don't move! If you take another step towards me, I will shoot you and your girlfriend," she said as she removed the safety pin from the gun.

I raised my hands up and looked at Yoongi. I told him that it would be fine and told him to stand down till I got back up. Being a mafia leader, Yoongi's ego and dignity would be wounded so, he took his gun from his pocket quickly as the girlfriend was distracted with me walking up the stairs and shot her arm but Yoongi got a shot on his arm too.

"No!! Yoongi! Yoongi!" I yelled as I wanted to get to him.

"You are not going anywhere! Let's go!", she pulled me back as she held her wounded arm.

I kept looking back at the basement and for Yoongi, but things happened too fast that I was being dragged by someone with a gun to my back as we walked towards the car. She opened the car and told me to drive, but I was more concerned for Yoongi.

"You drive now, or I will go back in there and end your lover boy's life? Choose!" she threatened me.

I hesitated but agreed forcefully to drive to where ever she asked me to drive her to. I just wanted Yoongi to be safe and not dead. I convinced myself that since he is a mafia leader, he would know what to do and would be strong to withstand a gunshot on his arm.