Chapter 27-The Penthouse

As soon as we reached that place that Ashley gave A hint on, Yoongi told me to sit in the car and wait for him to come back. He left two other guys in the car with me and another two followed him to that building. Yoongi's brother also followed him from behind and I saw them enter the building.

"What is this place?" I asked one of the men in the car.

"Their childhood penthouse when they moved in after Yoongi's high school," one of them replied to me.

"So, are the people living in this building? Looks abandon though," Rachel asked him.

"Only the dangerous ones," he replied Rachel.

"What?" I asked back curiously.

"One of the city mafia leaders bought over Yoongi's penthouse after he sold it for some reason. The mafia wanted to demolish the building and make it into a hypermarket but Yoongi held on to the penthouse grant and did not approve it till now. There were fights over fights like wars between them till now," he explained to me.

"So, you think Yoongi would be able to get to that necklace and safely come back?" I asked him.

"Yoongi is talented and brave. He knows what he is doing," he assured me.

I was still feeling uneasy about this and wanted to go in so badly, but I knew if I do that, Yoongi would be really pissed at me. He did say he had a plan before coming here, and his main insurance is his brother, so I just have to put all my faith and trust in Yoongi. Just then, one of the guys in the car had a call saying that they were about to plant an explosive, and we should get out of there.

"Sir said to find the necklace first and then plant the explosive! Where is he? Is he with you?" one of them asked the guy on the phone.

"Let me out! I want to head in. Let me out!", I yelled at them as I frantically opened the car door which was locked.

"Wait, wait! It is dangerous. You can't just go in there," Rachel stopped me.

"Look here, Rach, I can't afford to lose Yoongi in there. I found him after a very long time and I don't think I want to lose him again," I explained to her.

"Ma'am, you have to wait in the car! You can't just leave like this!" one of the guys in the car panicked as I managed to open the door.

I got down from the car and immediately started to run towards the building and that is when I heard the explosion. It was loud, and the building collapsed as soon as the explosion hit the walls of the building. I managed to duck down when the ceiling of the building came down with full force. I took a deep breath and got up as I started to look out for Yoongi. I knew that the explosion came from the top floor where Yoongi's childhood penthouse was, so I climbed the stairs to that floor.

As I managed to reach the topmost floor, I noticed that the penthouse was ruined and the flooring of the penthouse was almost gone. The floor was unstable and shaky due to the explosion, so I carefully took my steps into the penthouse hoping to find Yoongi. Some bodies were laying on the floor and Yoongi's brother was laying there motionlessly. I went over to him and checked for his pulse, but I couldn't find any. My thoughts ran wild for a moment when I saw Yoongi's brother not breathing and bleeding badly from his head. I gathered my courage and started to look out for Yoongi in that mess. Some parts of the floor of the penthouse were dropping to the next floor down as I walked.

"Yoongi! Oh, my-Yoongi! Can you hear me?" I asked Yoongi as I approached him on the floor.

Yoongi was laying on the floor with blood dripping off from his head and he was half unconscious. I held his head up and helped him to sit upright. I couldn't carry him as he was heavy, and I was afraid the floor would tear up even if I tried to drag him across the room in that penthouse. So, I quickly went over to the window in the hall and started waving frantically at the car I was in with those two guys and Rachel.

"The file-Take the file," Yoongi was conscious fully and tried to call out for me.

I turned around and helped him. Yoongi pointed to the ruined desk over the hall and told me to get the file in one of the drawers. I rushed to the drawers and pulled out one by one carefully and frantically searched for Ashley's murder evidence file. Something shiny and expensive caught my eyes with the evidence file in the drawer. The necklace! That's it! I found the necklace and the evidence file, but I froze my steps just to see Yoongi's brother pointing a gun at my head.

"I thought you were dead?" I asked him in shock.

"Yeah, just a while but my willpower to live and to destroy everything is much stronger", Yoongi's brother said as he shifted his gun to Yoongi.

"Look, I have everything that you need here. Just leave him alone. We will make sure we won't tell anything out. Take this and leave us, please," I begged Yoongi's brother.

"I wish it could be so easy, little princess! I came back alive to kill all of you and to destroy that file," Yoongi's brother smirked at me.

I noticed Yoongi was going back to his unconscious state due to the heavy bleeding from his head. I looked over to the car downstairs and saw there was no car waiting there. My heart sank as I thought everything is going to be over now and no one could save any one of us.

"Put your gun down and take a step back!" I heard a voice coming from the back of me.

I turned around and saw it was one of Yoongi's men. He walked slowly and aimed his gun at Yoongi's brother as he assured me it was safe to leave the place with the file and the necklace.

"Yoongi-", I stopped and looked over to Yoongi.

"Help is coming over ma'am. Don't worry," he assured me again.

Just then, a few other Yoongi's men surrounded Yoongi's brother in that penthouse, so Yoongi's brother had no choice but to place his gin down on the floor and kneel down. I saw one of the guys helping Yoongi up, but they made sure I walked in front of them just in case something happens. I turned back and took Yoongi's arm and placed it on my shoulders and walked with them. Yoongi couldn't walk as he was weak from the bleeding, but he managed to pull himself together so that we would not find it hard to help him.

As soon as we came out of the building, I heard a gunshot and I knew that Yoongi's brother was shot dead in that penthouse. I gripped Yoongi tighter so that he wouldn't feel bad for killing his brother. We entered the car and Rachel helped me with Yoongi as the bodyguard who helped Yoongi make his way to the driver's seat.

"What about Yoongi's brother?" Rachel still didn't know that he was dead.

"He is dead, Rach," I said as I wiped Yoongi's blood off his forehead.