Chapter 51-Hometown, Busan

I dozed off beside Park Jimin on Ashley's bed that night after reviewing all of the possibilities of Ashely's death. I slept off first on the bed leaving Park Jimin to close up the notes that we were sharing with each other. 

Park Jimin's POV

"Oh my God, she is beautiful. I can see why Min Suga loves her so much," I wondered as I saw her sleeping peacefully beside me on the bed. 

I was tempted to kiss that lips of hers but I knew I would be betraying my best friend, Min Suga who trust me to protect her till he comes back to this world. I have seen her with Min Suga several times when I was alive and would wonder how he had gotten so lucky. I always wanted Min Suga to be happy and loved and I thought as long as I am with him, he would never be alone. 

I still remember when he wanted to introduce me to his girlfriend, he was excited and wanted me to present myself decently in front of her. Unfortunately, a fire broke out in the museum that I was visiting and I got stuck in the elevator. I couldn't erase those gruesome memories of me dying in that smoky elevator. When Min Suga dreamt of me two days after my death, I made a promise to him that I would take care of and protect his love and him till my time was up. 

I couldn't tell anything to her yet as she wouldn't understand and would be frightened to be around me if she found out. I wanted to help her solve her mystery and make sure Min Suga came back to this world to her safely. I did not mind her having a friend in me without knowing who I am and why I came to this world.

As I was stroking her silky brown hair and adjusted her hair from her face, she woke up and looked at me. That beautiful dark brown eyes made my heart beat faster and I knew I should get away from her as soon as possible before I did something I would regret later. 

"Seems I dozed off by accident," she mumbled under her breath as she got up.

"No, that is okay. Go back to sleep. We will continue tomorrow," I convinced her.

"If we find out who killed Ashely and confirmed it, the faster Suga can come back to this world," she sighed softly. 

"Can I say something?", I gathered my courage and took a deep breath, "You are just at the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong person now."

"What? I don't get you," she asked me in confusion.

"Never mind, let's just go through the notes again, shall we?" I murmured.   

"So, as you said before, Rachel strangled Ashely and that is a theory because you did not see it, did you?" she jogged her memory again.

"Yes, just a theory. What about the mud stains you saw before? Does that count?" I pointed at the stains in front of Ashley's cupboard.

"That counts. The messy clothes and the chipped mirror there also make me wonder if Ashley was dragged in here," she wondered.

I couldn't help but admire her as she spoke to me about the incident that might have occurred. I knew I had to stop immediately before I fall deeply in love with my best friend's girlfriend. Min Suga would be very disappointed in me if I betray him and she wouldn't trust me anymore. I tried to distract myself by looking at the picture frame that was hanging behind her head. The picture looked very familiar to me the more I looked at it as I tried to avoid any eye contact with her.