Chapter 17-Too Good to be True

We reached the house in Daegu in the evening and Yoongi helped me with the luggage. Yoongi opened the front door and placed the luggage on the stairs. I looked around the house and was mesmerized by how huge everything was. The ceiling was so high up there and there were two halls with a huge kitchen area. The dining area had this massive-looking black marble table and the staircase looked like from a Cinderella movie. So this was the house that Yoongi's grandfather left him and his older brother wanted it so bad. I wouldn't blame the older brother for making such plans to take over the house but as a sane person, I think to kill someone for a property is an over-do kind of situation.

"You can use any one of the rooms upstairs for yourself," Yoongi told me as he pointed up the stairs.

"I get to choose? Sweet!" I was excited and started to climb the stairs.

Yoongi followed me up with my luggage and waited for me to check out every room there. There were about 6 huge rooms with attached private bathrooms in them and another room was locked. That room alone looked small from the outside.

"That goes down to the basement. There are many things to be sorted out, so it is locked," Yoongi explained as he noticed me looking at the room.

I nodded my head and I selected the room where there was a huge window looking at the beautiful blue-green lake with an empty boat tied up on the deck. I opened the window and the fresh cool wind gushed in and played with my hair.

"Good choice, princess. The view is great from here," Yoongi said as he placed my luggage bag on the bed.

"When is your brother arriving?" I asked Yoongi.

"Soon. Why?" Yoongi asked back curiously.

"Just asking," I replied him in short.

I was enjoying the view and didn't want to entertain anyone at that moment. The bliss that I have experienced when I opened the window was something new for me and I did not want to lose it.

"Have fun then," Yoongi said as he left me alone in the room.

I slowly walked towards the bed and started unpacking my clothes from my bag. I wanted to take a bath before I explore the lake outside. I switched on the heater and let the tub be filled with hot water for me to bathe. I realized there were some bath bombs on the shelf, so I took them excitedly and dissolved them in the water. I took off my clothes and sank into the tub as soon as the bath bomb dissolved nicely. I took a nice 20 minutes hot bath and came out from the bathroom to change. I got ready to head down after dressing up when I heard Wan Yu's voice from downstairs. I took a deep breath and walked down the stairs slowly.

"Hello, nice to meet you again," his brother said as he saw me.

As usual, the woman faked a smile at me and continued to look at her phone in the hall. Yoongi walked towards me and kissed my forehead purposely.

"Are you hungry yet? I ordered-," Yoongi was cut off by me suddenly.

"I am starving actually," I cut him off with a smile.

"What are you trying to do here? You think you can just be the Min Yoongi that I know?" I was pissed at Yoongi for trying to fake everything as soon as I saw my favorite food on the counter.

"I am not trying to be anything here. This is your favorite, right? I am trying to make up for the mistake I have caused," Yoongi explained.

"You said you were sorry. That is it," I said as I moved away from Yoongi.

"Can't you at least eat something first before becoming mad at me?" Yoongi asked me.

"I am not hungry anymore. Leave me alone," I said as I walked back upstairs.

I ran back to the room with tears in my eyes. I know Yoongi was just trying to make up for the situation he created before with me, but I was hurt that he used this trick again to control me again. He knows that if he becomes the Yoongi I knew before, I would submit to him but this time, I won't anymore. I deserve better than this, I thought.

I decided to text Rachel saying that I have reached Daegu safely. I walked over to the window again and looked out and noticed a bird on the fencing outside. I was jealous that the bird was happy flying around in freedom and I wished I was like that too. The bird flew away the moment the wind blew softly towards it.

"Pretzy, what is the problem? Talk to me?" Yoongi for the first time came around besides just being a cold-hearted mafia towards me.

"Nothing. Just leave me alone, please?" I asked him as I kept looking at the calm lake.

"Let's take a walk by the lakeside. You don't have to tell me anything. Just a walk with me, that is all," Yoongi said to me.

I turned around and looked at Yoongi. I knew that he wouldn't give up till I agreed to his request. So, I took my jacket behind the door and walked down the stairs with him slowly. I saw Yoongi's brother and that woman were still sitting in the hall with their phone in their hands. I walked past them and towards the door. Yoongi walked out as wore his jacket and helped me with mine. We were already walking by the lakeside and it was so calm and relaxed as the trees were swaying to the soft breeze that blew on them.

"Why are being nice to me all of a sudden?" I asked Yoongi as we walked slowly.

"What do you mean?" Yoongi pretended he did not know what I was saying.

"Last night and before you were ready to kill my parents if I tried to break the deal, and now you are making up for all those? I don't trust you, Mr. Min," I said.

"People change, don't they? I feel I have to treat you better even though it is just a deal," Yoongi explained.

"You are a chameleon, you know that right? You change according to the situation and act all cold and mean when you feel like it," I said what was in my heart about him.

"Well, if that is what describes me, I am not arguing with you on that," Yoongi replied me.

"You did say that you are the Min Yoongi that I knew. Why didn't you say anything before?" I asked him curiously.

Yoongi was silent a while, and he stopped his steps. I turned around and looked at him looking at his house. I knew he didn't want to talk about the past and I sensed he was hiding something from me too.

"I have to go back inside. I have some work to finish. You take your time," Yoongi said as he turned back to the house.

I did not want to stop him as I know he felt awkward after I asked that question. We both knew that the moment we saw each other for the first time, we knew each other. He could have asked me the same thing back, but he chose not to because he knows I had a good reason to hide the fact that we knew each other. I looked at the waters and could see my reflection in that crystal clear water.

Suddenly, I saw another reflection replacing mine in the water and the face looked dead white. I took a step back with my heartbeat rising fast, and I felt a shiver run down my spine. The reflection opened its eyes and blood flowed from both the sockets in the water. I thought I was hallucinating because of tiredness and fatigue but when it started to grab my hand from the water, it felt so real. I wanted to scream so loud out of fear, but my voice was silenced, and I couldn't move much.

I managed to turn around looking at the house trying to find Yoongi outside, but it was in vain. I turned back to the water and the hand was gone with the reflection in the water. I knew it was real because my hands were still wet and had a handprint on them. Who is that person in the water, and why did she look dead white with bloody eyes?