Chapter 120

chime!

chime!

chime!

goosebumps littered your arm as you stared out the window in your classroom. beyond the glass were orange leaves falling and blowing in the wind, swooshing back and forth before softly taking place on the ground and waiting to be stepped on to hear that satisfying crunch. you held your elbows with your hands and placed your folded arms on your desk, making sure your back was straight to prevent aching as you leaned ever so slightly forward in your chair. you felt your eyelashes brush against your upper cheeks softly which each time you blinked, a neural look adoring your face.

the door slid open and almost immediately everyone scrambled to their seats. in walked aizawa who had the room in a chokehold of a silence. today was just another boring day of learning stuff you already know about. it's not that you hated school as that was quite the contrary, it's just there's a lot more things you could be doing with your time.

"you need to stop playing around and be more aware of who you are." aizawa's eyes darted to every one of you. "even though you only have provisional licenses, don't forget that you've been given the certification and responsibility to act as heroes in an official capacity. what happened at nabu island is only a fraction of what you'll be dealing with in sooner times."

even though nabu island was a week ago and this is your first day back at school, the memory still gives you the shivers. of course, it wasn't just you that played hooky for the week. u.a decided that a week off was much needed after everything that happened. final check ups were made, therapists were called in, and some questioning had happened. mainly for you, izuku and katsuki who not only got bombarded with police officers and hero commissioners, but your own classmates hounded you in with questions after dog piling you three with a hug.

but you're back at school, and it's a comforting feeling. nothing too crazy is happening any time soon, except for second-round interns. sadly, you have to take the offer with your dad. mirko has no time for internships she told you, so you don't even have the opportunity to bail on your old man.

"from now on, we'll be kicking class up a notch, so be prepared." aizawa lowers his head and closes his eyes expectedly, like he's waiting for something to happen. "now, for today's homeroom-"

and that thing did happen. red lights suddenly overtook the normal white light of the room. sirens blared and two of them popped out from the top of the door frame next to the clock. it read 8:19 am, which was way too early for something like this.

emergency drill. emergency drill: hypothetical villains infiltrated u.a high school grounds.

you made a displeased duck face with your lips to show your very much enthusiasm.

sarcasm.

hero course 1-a is requested to report.

the whirring sound of your hero costume suitcases coming out the wall made everyone collectively look over, their shock never leaving their faces. of course this was fake, but you didn't think aizawa's statement would happen immediately before the words even got the chance to leave his mouth.

but all that aside, you put on your hero face and stood up.

please change into your hero costumes and head to the scene as soon as possible.

"let's go, hero class 1-a!" iida said with determination that soon seeped into everyone else.

"yeah!"

about 80% of the world's population is born with some kind of special trait. a quirk, in this superhuman society.

zippers were being pulled, hair was being tied back, shoes were slipping on, and attachments were being attached in the locker room. you kept a blank but determined stare as you slipped on your gloves then zipped up your costume, the bright blue accent atoning to your quirk storage almost immediately.