Chapter 14: His birthday

I was stunned for two seconds, then turned my back to him, and an inexplicable resistance came out from the bottom of my heart.

    He didn't continue to ask, the atmosphere between us became inexplicably embarrassing.

    After a while, there was movement on his side. It seemed that Su Xi had lifted the quilt up. Even if I didn't look back, I could feel the deep gaze behind me staring at me.

    "Muli, you must not remember what day is today?"

    Before I could answer, he said in a dumb voice, "Today is my birthday."

    I had a meal, and it took a long time to say "Happy birthday" to him. .

    "After we got married, you said that you would accompany me on my birthday in the future."

    His tone sounded aggrieved, but I was inexplicably uncomfortable. I even wondered if I should ask him clearly about the'h', but there seemed to be a voice in my heart to stop me again, so I couldn't speak.

    "I can feel that you hate me or even repel me in your heart now." He paused, "I'm sorry, it's my fault. You and your children can't let you and your children trust me and rely on me at this time."

    I feel a little bit cried. Impulsive, but I'm afraid he would find out and raise the quilt again, even if this action makes him look uncomfortable.

    "Can I have a word with the child?" His footsteps approached and asked softly.

    "You said yours." I hid my face under the quilt, muffled.

    As soon as my voice fell, someone was wrapped around my waist. I was startled and pulled off the quilt to take a look, but I saw that Su Xi was squatting on the side of the bed with his head on my lower abdomen. This time it was his turn to be confronted. Me.

    "Baby, you are the best gift mom gives to dad. Remember to take care of mom for dad."

    Long after Su Xi left, I cried with afterthought. When my mother came to see me, she was taken aback,

    and hurriedly asked, "Have you quarreled with Su Xi again?" I shook my head, sobbing, "I don't know what's wrong, I just want to cry"

    My mother sighed, raised her hand and poked my forehead lightly, "You, you are born in the blessing and don't know the blessings. The moment I married Axi, I just ran home whenever I wanted. When would Axi not let me? For you, if it wasn't for too much love, how could a person like him endure your troubles again and again"

    "A person like him?" I interrupted her suspiciously.

    "Ah, I mean, someone with his personality." After explaining, my mother asked as if to divert the subject, "How about making your favorite beef with sour soup today?

    " Oh, good." When it was

    almost evening, Su Xi didn't call either. I can't help but feel a little guilty. After all, today is his birthday, he told me again, is it really not a gift? Isn't this bad? But if you give a gift, what is good?

    I struggled for a long time, but still didn't text him.

    Giving someone a birthday gift is about heart and surprise. It would be too embarrassing to ask'what do you like' so rashly?

    Thinking of this, I can only call Lin Jie, my former'Guotou Army Master'.

    "What does your husband like, do you still ask me?!" She asked sharply, I can even think of her rolling her eyes now.