Chapter 56: Her Visit

Chase's POV

Sunday, December 5 – Dawsonville, Georgia

Okay, I think that's the end of it. It's amazing when you take a couple weeks trip racing across the country how much laundry builds up. It's even more shocking realizing how much dirt I had accumulated in the suitcase along the way. Kyle wasn't kidding when you'd have some for a souvenir.

While the racing across the country had been great, it was nice to be home. It was nice to see Fletcher, and relax on my own couch. No doubt driving a sprint car and jumping a rally car was fun, but it wasn't easy to do all at once when you normally don't do it. Talk about using muscles you do not normally use, which was met with aches right now.

Knowing the loads would need to be switched in an hour, that gave me enough time to make myself dinner because I had certainly worked up an appetite today.

Knock

So much for that grand idea. If it's not an e-mail or a text message grabbing my attention, or even laundry tonight, then it was someone at my door.

I had to wonder who was there.

I hadn't told Alex that I was going to be back in town tonight, and I knew he was busy in the shop today with Chili Bowl prep. I thought about flying down to North Carolina instead, but knew I'd run out of clothes if I did that. I guess I could've done laundry at his house, bought some, or heck, stole some from his closet. it wouldn't be the first time.

My parents knew that I was home, but it wasn't like them to come knocking down on my door. It usually started off with a phone call first, followed by one of us going to see the other. Besides, they knew that I needed some time tonight. Maybe Mom was delivering me dinner. That'd be a blessing as who wants to cook tonight?

Knock

I open the app on my phone, stopping in my tracks immediately.

What was she doing here? Why was she standing on my porch right now?

I remembered the words from Ryan that he sent in the text message. I tried to ignore those, almost had forgotten about them. however, they were certainly huge in my mind right now in knowing she was here with nobody else in sight.

What did she want?

I suppose I could just ignore it, and maybe she'd go away. I mean, who really wanted to deal with her right now? However, I also didn't need any more knocks, because that'd just get Fletcher barking, and I didn't want a headache.

Taking a deep breath, I open the door and stare into the eyes of the female before me, wishing I could be anywhere but right here before her.

"Chase, it's so nice to see you," Kaitlyn starts and I want to laugh immediately. Oh yes, it's great to see someone who tormented your life for months. It's great to see someone who cheated on you.

"What do you want, Kaitlyn?" I ask, because truthfully, I wasn't in the mood for playing games right now. I was ready for a nice relaxing recovery night after a busy day.

"I wanted to come and get some stuff that I left here." I look at her quite confused, because that's got to be a lie. I'm pretty sure that I insisted she take absolutely everything of hers with her when I did kick her out. I also remembered that she left some things, which turned into a nice bonfire a couple nights later with Ryan. It was pretty satisfying in watching parts of her burn away.

"There's nothing left, Kaitlyn. You took everything with you – and I burned the res-"

"Does that include everything in the play room? Recall, I bought some of those items and I would like those. I mean, that chair is what I'm looking for because I can't wait to fuck my boy's brains out tonight."