Chapter 110: The Advertisement

Wednesday, March 16 – Charlotte, North Carolina

Alex hears his phone going off, letting out a sigh.

He was just starting to make some headway with the midget and getting those gears redone. Why did it seem once he got in a groove someone wanted to disturb him?

Did Chase forget to tell you something?

The text confused him right away, even more so coming from Kyle. His mind immediately flashed to work, switching to the calendar on his phone. Had he missed an impromptu meeting? Was he supposed to be at the shop right now? It didn't make sense at all.

About?

He almost didn't send it, scared as to what Kyle was referring to. He was scared if he missed something, knowing the consequences wouldn't be pretty. Though his mind thought of other things, unsure as to what Kyle would be talking about.

It seems there's others that he does fun stuff with.

Alex's felt as though he was punched in the chest, stomach, and crotch all at once, almost resulting in the phone sliding out of his hands onto the concrete floor. His mind immediately flashed to one thing alone, knowing this was too good to be true. Heck, he should've known that when Ryan was welcomed back in so easily.

You're going to need to explain.

He tried to remain positive, hopeful it was about any other thing than what he thought of. However, his mind couldn't stop working through the many theories over and over.

It only made him feel worse, stomach churning, the garbage pail almost feeling too far away when he saw there was a photo sent. It was then an eternity waiting it to load, Alex cursing every bit of the slow internet in the garage. Why couldn't it just come through immediately?

He freezes as soon as the photo loads, almost breaking out laughing if not for the relief of stress he felt in that moment. Of course Kyle would go make a dirty joke in seeing that image. Alex caught the reference immediately, but wondered just where NASCAR got the idea, and what they were thinking in posting.

You're just jealous you don't get to taste the peach the same way – and it will damn stay that way, jackass.

Ewww ewww I did not need that image in my mind. There's no way I am getting through the next meeting without revolting.

Alex hadn't bothered to reply, though, making a quick run to the store as he knew Chase would showing up soon, and the immediate plan that came to mind was perfect.

He hears Chase at the front door of the house, knowing he just allowed himself to enter now, key in hand as there was no need to clear himself first. Alex takes a deep breath, getting comfortable on the couch, picking up his new found piece of fruit and placing it in his mouth.

"It seems I am not the only person who knows a peach tastes great," Alex comments as he holds the peach in his hand as Chase enters the room. Chase stands in the doorway, watching him laying there, lips automatically being licked by his tongue. "I'm sure you're aware that the world knows peaches taste great now."

"Kyle sent me a message saying we should've been on the poster together," Chase replies, to which Alex had to laugh in response. It was certainly better than the dirty trick that Kyle had played on him. He was able to reveal all, but was a little worried as to the reaction he'd get in return. Besides, this was about having some fun now.

"That would've been accurate, because we both know I like tasting a peach." Alex casually sets the peach on the table, before making his way over to where Chase stood in the doorway to the room. "Fortunately, they don't realize it's a different type of peach than the fruit."