Chapter 119: A Pole, Finally!

Friday, April 8 – Martinsville Speedway

Ryan lets out a sigh as they were partway through practice, not even wanting to glance at the scoreboard. It just didn't seem they could find the feeling he wanted in the car as it did not want to rotate the corners just as you needed to.

If there was any saving grace for him right now, it was the view. He got to stare at a sexy man in a white firesuit all day long without anybody complaining or saying anything. He had not one complaint about how tight the firesuit looked as he looked damn fine right now.

He lets out a sigh getting down off the pit wall, knowing he better take another look at the data once again in hopes of finding something before the qualifying session later on that afternoon.

"I see you've been staring at me all afternoon long," he hears from over his shoulder and chuckles in response.

"Is there a problem with that?" He questions, actually surprised by the accusation. It wasn't like he or Alex ever spent any time at all near each other in public.

"I just hope you have enjoyed the view." Ryan finally looks over his shoulder at Alex, allowing a smirk to form on his face to match the one of the man before him.

"The same could be said for you as I caught you looking." Ryan then leans in, snagging a quick kiss, before pulling back with a bigger smirk on his face. "You better go before we get caught."

"We're just two friends having a conversation..." Ryan nods his head, though knew that wouldn't last long if he kept his eyes locked on Alex longer. There was only one thought left in his mind.

"You'll be standing naked on pit road if you stay here any longer." Alex chuckles back in response, thinking of how well that could be in his favor actually.

"That'd be a new experience." Ryan just rolls his eyes in response as he looks back at the data, comparing himself against his teammates once again. "Good luck."

"Same to you."

****************************

After weeks of watching Ryan accomplish the big feat of the day, it was finally Chase's turn as he was able to put down the perfect lap, putting the No. 9 Chevrolet on pole for Saturday night's race. Nothing at all to complain about here.

Knowing Chase would be a little later did not bother the other two, as there was still a score to settle. Alex was just inside the door to Ally Racing trailer when he felt a pair of arms snake around his body.

"Get out of me!" He instantly yells, smacking them off to send the person flying against the couch.

"Oh, so that's how you treat me when he's not here?" Ryan questions as he tries to sit back up, giving himself a once over as he checks for no new bumps or bruises. Alex's jaw drops as he turns around to face Ryan, repeating the process Ryan just followed on his self.

"This is my team hauler. You should not be in my team hauler. How the fuck did you get in here?" Ryan snickers a little as he looks towards the door, which Alex's eyes follow. The door was not locked, which would simply invite anyone.

"I snuck in when nobody was watching or around, ensuring no crew members saw me or were her-"

"And what if someone walked in?" Ryan pointed the closet, hopeful his plan would work if it was necessary. However, he didn't want to take any longer as he stood back up, repeating the process he originally followed.

"I wasn't thinking, Alex. There was only one thing on my damn mind after you teased me all day long." He then places his hand over Alex's crotch. "I came here wanting one thing, and one thing alone, determined to get it no matter what. You shouldn't tease someone all day long..."

"Is that so?" Ryan places a light kiss on Alex's neck, before tightening his hold on him.

"And it seems you may owe me now after that little incident. You could've hurt me.." Alex slowly turns around in Ryan's arms, allowing their lips to meet each others with a kiss.

"You shouldn't scare someone like that..." Alex then leans in, pushing his lips against Ryan's. He then forces them deeper, pushing him back against one of the walls. "We need to be quick." He then leans in for another kiss, pulling the zipper down on Ryan's firesuit at the same time. "I wouldn't want Greg to catch us in here."

"I'd like to see you explain that one." Ryan then follows the same pattern in removing Alex's firesuit. "Has he ever caught you and Chase together?" Alex shakes his head no, as he lets go of Ryan for a brief second to allow the removal of his firesuit. "Too bad as you could've given him a show."

"Kyle knows – but he hasn't seen anything other than a kiss." Alex tenses a little as he thinks back to just how Kyle found out through the Chili Bowl weekend, and everything that happened. It was certainly an experience that he did not relive once again.

"Alex, are you okay?" Ryan noticed the change in his demeanor immediately, rubbing his hands across Alex's shoulders lightly, followed by down his arms. "Alex..." Ryan snaps his fingers in front of Alex's eyes, as if feeling he was stuck in a moment. "Hey, what's going on?"

"Kyle found out Chili Bowl weekend...." Alex separates away from Ryan, taking a deep breath as he thinks everything over. He then slowly turns to face him. "I was scared out of my bloody mind when he went flying through the air to the point my hands were shaking, trembling, scared that something was wrong. That did not stop until I put my hands on him in the trailer, holding him, cuddling him. I've never felt so scared about someone else in my life until that moment."

"Imagine sitting on your couch, watching it, seconds ticking by afterwards feeling like minutes as you wait for him to climb out. Combined with not having that instant satisfaction that you got right afterwards – fuck, I almost caught a red eye to Tulsa." Alex wasn't surprised one bit as both of their eyes met each others.

"I never want to feel that way again, but here we are in a business where that moment could happen any single second. Am I crazy for doing this? Am I crazy for doing this myself? Am I crazy for falling in love with someone who does this?" Ryan shakes his head no as he reaches over and grabs Alex's hands with his own.

"You're no more damn crazy than I am to be standing here doing the same thing, and let's face it, we all have a bit of crazy in us to do this. We're a special breed, Alex, to where we can go out there and put it out of our minds for those three, four hours and just do what needs to be done. we also know how safe these cars are built, from your midgets to the stock cars. that's the source of sanity in knowing no matter what happens, we're all going to be okay, and able to come home to each other." Alex takes a deep breath, remembering the post-Chili Bowl conversations that were had with Spike Chassis in review of Chase's wreck in ways they could continue improving the midgets.

"Do you promise?" Ryan shakes his head yes as his eyes don't leave Alex's for a single second.

"I wouldn't be here putting my heart in your hands if that wasn't the case. I love you, Alex. I love Chase, and fuck, I love you, too." Ryan then slowly closes the gap, placing a light kiss on Alex's lips. "I will always love you both, and do whatever it takes to ensure we never are torn apart by anything."