Chapter 119: Blue Emu Maximum Pain Relief 500

Saturday, April 9 – Martinsville Speedway

Ryan walks into the trailer letting out a sigh as he begins to unzip his firesuit.

"If only we could've made up some more ground there," he comments to himself, glad the day was over. It was certainly better than how practice had gone the day before and you could never complain about a top-five, but seeing how much they gained late in the day, he was hopeful they would've made it worthwhile.

"We seriously need to invest in getting some secrets for around this place," he hears startling him, as a pair of arms snake around his waist. There's instant comfort, though, as he could always recognize the scent of the man beneath the white firesuit. It was just a question of how he snuck into the Team Penske hauler unnoticed.

"Taking a page out of my book, I see..." Alex smirks a bit as he lays his head on Ryan's shoulder, kissing his bare neck. Alex struggled most of the day in the teens, ultimately making a late-race charge for a 12th – nothing to celebrate over to be honest. It only was most frustrating in seeing the speed both William and Chase had.

"I don't see you complaining..." Alex then places a trial of kisses along the length of his neck, followed by the back of his shoulders, left to right, little pecks. It was enough to show affection and attention, but to leave Ryan wanting so much more.

"I can never complain when I am in your arms." Ryan instantly relaxes, allowing his firesuit to drop to the floor with ease, leaning back against Alex as Alex goes back up his neck, sucking a little. "I wish you'd do that somewhere else."

"So dominating all fucking day long to get beat because my crew still can't do their job on pit road doesn't get me any loving?!?" A voice booms through the door as it opened with another party joining them, obviously visibly frustrated by the day he experienced.

Chase utilized the pole to his advantage, winning both the first two stages in dominating style. William beat him off pit road, though, taking over the advantage, something Chase was never able to get back. It seemed the car started to fade in traffic, and even a late ditch strategy call was not enough to get the No. 9 car back where he knew they belonged.

"Can you please keep it down?" Ryan questions, surprised by how loud the entrance was. they used to be the kings at sneaking in each other's places, very quiet when they did so. Where did that magic go?

"I don't really want to see Joey and Brad catch me with my arms wrapped around Ryan," Alex adds, the guilt on his own shoulders growing though as he watches his best friend before him. He should've known to go meet with up Chase first, rather than give into these desires, as everybody knew the frustrations of dominating to see it just fall apart late.

"I may actually pay to see the look on their faces...." Alex couldn't help but chuckle, though turned immediately serious when Ryan pulled Chase close to him. He always thought he should have first dibs in knowing their own special connection meant more. "As for you, you know that we always both take good care of you."

"That's what I always believed," Chase comments as his eyes catch with Alex's, the jealousy of last week still there. He didn't want to let it pain him or bother him. He also knew that Alex and William didn't have anything going on between them that even came close to what they had together. His brain said there was nothing to worry or be jealous about. However, knowing the pain of betrayal and his heart so scared of falling into that hole again, he couldn't help what he was feeling. "But last week you had your arms around Willie, and now you're cuddling Ry before me."

"Chase...." Alex says as he lets go of Ryan, eyes and hands focusing their attention in where he knew they belonged. He reaches out for the hand of the man that he knew had his heart, eyes locked together. "We both know that I would never do anything to hurt you, and you always come first. I didn't mean to come see Ryan, but parked beside each other, we've had a bit of fun this week. You always come first, though."

"You're frustrated with the day that you had and you're lashing out," Ryan adds, having been used to some things that had happened in frustration in the past. Words were said, apologies followed, and the make-up sex was that of dreams. He couldn't wait to get to the third stage.

"I know you both mean well in what you're saying, but you don't understand," Chase comments as he backs away from the pair, running his hands through his hair. Was this really worth saying out loud? "My heart has been stomped on before, and I don't want to go through that again. I don't ever want to feel that pain again."

"I can assure that I will never do that to you," Alex says as he closes the gap between them, grabbing both of Chase's hands with his. "I promised you that from the beginning. I promised I'd be there to comfort you, help you, support you, be with you, everything – but never hurt you in that way, ever. I don't break my promises."

"If this is bothering you that much, maybe this trio thing was a bad ide-" Ryan starts to which Chase immediately shakes his head no as he looks between the pair.

"Then I would've missed out on all that crazy sex and fun that we've had together, and that tops everything," he summarizes to which the other two nod their heads in agreement. "I know neither of you would do that to me, again. I trust both of you completely. I just can't help but think about that pain sometimes and I feel terrible for accusing you both, ruining this, but I can't help it..."

"It's okay, we both understand," Alex comments as he pulls him into a tight hug. "That's why we've both always said that we're here for you, ready to offer whatever comfort you want and need. We love you, Chase." Alex then backs away just enough to look into his brown eyes. "I love you, Chase Elliott."

"I love you too, Alex..." Chase then pulls him back close, taking a deep breath. "I love you so much that I would do anything to make sure that never changes."

"That goes both ways, peach." The pair then separates enough to catch Ryan's attention, motioning him to join in the hug. "We can keep you too, Ry. There's room in the bed for us all."