Chapter 78: Chili Bowl Time!

Alex's POV

Sunday January 9, 2021 – Tulsa, Oklahoma

He's here! he made it to Tulsa! He is ready to spend a whole week with me at my favorite event of the whole season! He is ready to party with me! he is ready to have some fun with me away from the Expo Center!

Can you tell I am excited to see Chase today?

It was why I told him to let me know the exact time he'd be touching down in Oklahoma. I wanted to be at the airport immediately, not missing a single moment together. it'd already been too long being apart for these couple of days.

I hear the truck door open, eyes glancing in the direction immediately as a smile forms on my face. You could tell Finn was disappointed to see just him and not Fletcher, even if I had encouraged him to bring the furbaby, but I understood the reservations. However, that wasn't expecting my mood as the smile didn't fade a single bit.

"I missed you," I tell him immediately, reaching over for a kiss. There was a good reason to get the windows tinted after all.

"I missed you, too, and there will be plenty of time for more of those," he replies afterwards, which I couldn't argue with him one bit. we were fully going to take advantage of the time we'd get together as who knows what would be on the horizon come next month. "Did parking go smoothly yesterday?"

"Got my familiar spot, all unloaded and ready to go. Kyle is all set-up and ready, parked in the same spot that he is used to. You'll be able to roll in there tomorrow and have some fun."

I couldn't help but be a little jealous in knowing he was going to race the opening night as part of the Race of Champions. How does the new guy get to do the event that I've dreamed of before me?

I knew I couldn't get lost in that feeling, as I had more important business to take care of – qualifying night. I just had to put together the best heat of my life, and best feature that I could to make my life as easy as possible come Saturday. Get it done and over with was the motto, so that way I could have fun the rest of the week.

"The Race of Champions should be good experience for you in racing around guys that know what they're doing to learn," I offer, which was why I knew Kyle had encouraged him to run it. The promoters were doing it for press love and such, but there was benefits for everybody else.

"That's the plan as I want to do better than last year," he comments, which I didn't have doubt that would happen. He has certainly more time behind the wheel of a midget than I have this season so that should give him some sort of advantage. Then you combine the know-how that has been helping him, and that is worth another tenth I suppose.

"I believe in you for what it's worth." I was glad that this was a short drive to the hotel, because I almost wanted to look over, stare, and think of everything possible in-between the time we were racing this week.

"Your opinion matters to me, Alex, as I care about you." The thought was sympathized across the board because we both knew that was the truest fact to man-kind.

"How well do you trust Kyle?" There goes my verbal awkward diarrhea again. This was certainly not the time or place to bring up that conversation from yesterday, but caring leading to him knowing the truth just saw me spit it out. I wanted to ignore it, just think of it as whatever, but the fact someone knew brought so many questions. What if other people found out? How would people judge us? What was Kyle going to say moving forward?

"He's a really good friend, we have formed a stronger friendship than I envisioned. He's great for advice and having fun together. I appreciate the fact that he is so welcoming of me into the dirt world, and wanting to help. I appreciate the way we can work together, and be friends off the track. But Alex, if you're comparing to us, it does not even come clos-"

"I know." Certainly Kyle had assured me that with his own version of verbal diarrhea yesterday. That was so awkward between us then, and I hope that doesn't carry into the meetings this year. See what I am talking about? "Kyle knows about us. He was worried when you said you were meeting someone close to the cabin, followed, and saw me inside the doorway. He knows we're together. He told me yesterday after he teased me about the distance between our trailers."

"I wouldn't worry about it, if that's why you're asking. I know that we can trust him to keep a secret, and not say anything, and be respectful of it." I take a deep breath, as those words exactly repeated what Kyle had told me. Maybe I didn't need to worry about it or say anything.

"I just thought I would tell you in case he does say something or anything." I just wish I would've maybe said it in a better manner than I did because this had caused the fun feeling we began the day off with to disappear.

"Thank you, but like I said, there is nothing to worry about." It's like he could sense the nerves that I was having, with the continued reassurances. They weren't necessary, by the way, as I trusted him when he answered the question originally. "Now instead of focusing on Kyle, let's focus on ourselves."

"I would prefer that," as it'd be a great distraction for my brain which would continue to come up with every bad theory despite the reassurance spoken to.

"I know.." It is then I feel his hand reach across the center consul, brushing against my crotch. I knew this moment would come. I had to know a moment like this would come between us. I just thought it'd come in my previous baby, not this hauler truck. "Your hardening up there, Alex. I can tell that you want me."

"I told you – I missed you," and I meant every single drop of those words, no matter what else my brain was trying to think about at the same time. I wanted to keep this going, because I'd rather think about him than the theories I could conjure up. Well, I guess I should also remember the way back to the hotel but that's what the GPS is for.

"Well don't worry, because I promise to take care of that." Fuck, I hope you do not make false promises because that's all I wanted today. The continued stroking was already having enough effect, feeling it go even harder as my hands gripped the wheel tighter.

"Stop...teasing..." was all I could mutter out as I felt the zipper on my jeans be loosened, with his fingers making their way through the gap to touch me even more. Fuck, I am so going to get him back for this. This is torture!

"Are you saying you want me right now?" Fuck, wasn't it obvious? The fact I could barely control the hardness, to the grip on the steering wheel, to the moan that escaped as he stroked me once again would be a good clue.

"Fuck Chase, of course..." He had to know what he did to me, considering the times we'd been together and the fun we'd had. It should be obvious by now.

I feel the stroking intensify, if humanly possible, as he makes the opening wider at the top of my jeans to allow for more touching. another moan escapes, before I hear a small bark beside us. If I wasn't so damn hard and wanting right now, I would laugh in watching Finn nuzzle his head between Chase's arm to stop him, and my cock. Don't you know dog that daddy needs to be taken care of? Sorry your angry that your friend didn't come.

"Oh Finn, of course your right as I wouldn't want Alex going off the road or getting lost," Chase comments as he pets the dog's head. Fuck. Seriously? This has to be a crime! Are you serious? "But don't worry, we'll make sure that he's taken care of when we get to the hotel."

Move traffic, move people, I need to get back there as soon as possible. I hope there's no cops around because we may be breaking some rules along the way.