Chapter 17: Ex-Fiance

A big thanks to @DennielleSamblaseno @SaraAnnWhite for voting and GracePrinceWrites for your comments, I feel honoured having you guys reading my story despite the mistakes I made. check out Arden by GracePrinceWrites it's amazing and mysterious at the same time.

Chapter 17: Ex-Fiance

-never let your fear dominates you.

-Robert Hugh Patrick-

Drake was more than a cousin to me, he was like the big brother I never had. We used to hang out all the time. He would teach me his awesome tricks especially how to make moves on chicks. We would create pick-up lines together and experiment which one worked the best. All sorts of crazy things we would do together; boxing, surfing, racing... you get me. We were inseparable. But all that had stopped when he met Amelia - the exchange student.

They have fallen in love and Amelia got pregnant; quite a drama scene between both parents at that time about whose fault it was but finally managed to settle everything out. They were both happily married at 18 and welcomed their first child, Amy. They both were very active, strong stamina I would say, hence the result of seven kids. Sadly, Drake happiness turned into sorrow on the day the twins were born. Amelia heart stopped shortly after giving birth to Danny and Gaby.

That day, his life had turned upside down. He mourned for two years until Uncle Bob finally decided to have the talk with him - about how he should get his life back together and encouraged him to find a new bride for the sake of his kids; they needed a mother's love. Drake managed to pull it together and find himself a bride.

A year later, I remembered he called me and said, "Rob, you won't believe this. I think I'm in love for the second time." I couldn't believe it either. I was damn happy for him.

A small wedding was arranged in Texas, we were all supposed to fly there for his second marriage but all of that had changed when the bride ran away a day before the wedding. Drake was really mad; he started to be violent and cold again. It had affected him momentously. This incident happened three years ago, this year he has been doing better. He spent more time with his kids and parents. He even started dating again - mostly getting laid. Chicks loved him, he didn't even have to try which made me wonder why his bride ran away.

My eyes were focused on him. Drake asked again, "Hannah Charles?"

Looking at him staring at Hannah made my stomach sick. His green eyes turned into his darker shade. He still didn't answer my question - how did he know her last name?

Before I got a chance to ask Drake the question again, Hannah excused herself.

"Excuse me, I... I need to use the... ladies," she stuttered, which was unlike her. Aunt Sue nodded her head at her and resumed eating. Drake eyes followed her figure until she left the room.

"Ok guys, I'm going to take a quick shower. Don't eat all the food, save some for me." Drake left the room too quickly. I doubt he wanted to take a quick shower. He even didn't wait for me to confirm if she was Hannah Charles as if he knew the answer already - plus he didn't answer my question. Something was definitely fishy. I was a hundred percent sure he went to Hannah. I must see what was going on in between them, the tension was thick in the air and it seemed only me who picked that up since the others were busy eating.

I was about to excuse myself when my phone rang. I dug my hand into the pocket of my jeans and dragged my phone out.

"Excuse me," I said to them and left the room to answer the call. I stared at the caller's name.