Chapter 11 : Dwarfs

Chapter 11: Dwarfs

 -Attitude is a strong word that makes you who you are. People recognize you by it.-

Third point of view

 After a few hours of driving, Robert had stopped in front of a medium-sized house. Robert stared at the house that was painted orange. The paint seemed faded. He was recollecting the time where he helped his uncle to paint it. How he had accidentally bought an orange paint instead of beige. He was busy trying his pick-up lines on the sales girl and took the wrong paint home. That unforgettable day, he decided to surprise his aunt and uncle. He wanted to show them that he could do something by himself.  He painted the whole house orange without realizing it. And sure, his aunt had a great surprise when she came back home.  His ears had hurt that night. Nevertheless, they still showered their love on him. After all, he was like a son to them. Whenever he was in trouble or felt uneasy, he'll come here to regain his confidence. He didn't want to think about the interview, especially thinking about Vienna. So, this was the only homely place he could come to, a place where he can leave his arrogance and celebrity fame behind. He would call it a place where he could be himself.

Robert turned his head to have a look at Hannah, who was sleeping next to him. Her head was pressed against the door.

"Hannah, please wake up," Robert was nudging Hannah's elbow, hoping she'll wake up. But no, she was in deep sleep.

 Robert decided to get down from the car and left Hannah in it. He walked towards the entrance. He could already hear the kids. They were quarrelling about something, as usual. He had missed their noise. He stepped on the white traditional structured porch, which was known as Farmer's porch. Just as he was about to press the golden door bell, the old wooden door swung open.

Robert was surprised to see the kids running to him.

"Uncle Robbie! Uncle Robbie! Uncle Robbie!" The kids sang in unison. He was surrounded by his nieces and nephews, embracing his legs.

"Hey you little monsters, did you miss your uncle?" said Robert hugging all of them, and lifting the youngest one.

"Of course, they did. Unlike you, who had totally forgotten them," answered Uncle Bob.

"Now that's not fair Uncle Bob. You know I can't visit very often," said Robert giving a man-to-man handshake with his uncle. He added while winking at his uncle, "By the way, you're looking hot with your new black and white beard."

 "It's for your aunt, she made me keep it," whispered Uncle Bob to Robert. Robert laughed.

No one could imagine how he missed them. He loves his uncle and aunt so dearly. They were his only family he had left.

"Susie... Susie, look who's here, you won't believe your eyes!" Uncle Bob shouted.

A short woman with a few strands of white hair came rushing out.

"Robbieee, my boooy, it's really youuu," drawled Aunt Susan as she squeezed both Robert's arm.

"Auntiee Suee, it's really me in flesh," Robert was intimidating his Aunt Susan.  His aunt pulled him into a big hug. Her ginger and cinnamon scent captivated Robert's nose.

"Didn't you miss me at all, my boy?" asked Aunt Susan.

"Nope, not at all." Robert shook his head like a toddler causing his aunt slapped his left arm.

"Ok, I'm kidding alright. Of course Auntie Sue, I miss you every day. That's why I'm here. I couldn't take a breath without you," murmured Robert while wiping away the light tears on her cheeks. She was an emotional person and Robert liked to take advantage of that.