Chapter 35: Let's Dance

-Don't let your life go to waste because of someone who broke your heart.

Hannah Charles

My head was turning into an ugly volcano about to erupt. I tried to hold onto the lava. No one would want to witness the hot liquid flowing down my face. I plunged myself onto the stool beside Eleana, Jared's cousin, contemplating on what to do next.

Why did he have to go and question Jared? Why did he think it was one of his staff? Does he know something I don't know? Does he know about him? I don't know what to think anymore.

God, my head was killing me. How could I feel all these emotions at once? I was trembling with fear, feeling incredibly cold and tired. All the happiness I felt seemed to slowly wash away from my memory. I had never thought of meeting Oprah but all the special moments I had with her were replaced by the memories of the mysterious person who trapped me in the ladies and Drake. How could he, above all people, be Robert's cousin? I ran away from the life I was about to have with him and now, he was back. I shook my head in distress.

Why did you bring me here, Robert? Why did you bring me to his house? Why did you bring me to Newville? I thought by choosing this choice of career, it will get me away from my past; away from my family, away from Drake and away from Alex. I couldn't bear him treating me like a fragile kid. Alex was sweet, caring and I love him with all my heart. But I knew I was taking a lot from him -how was he ever getting a real girlfriend or even getting laid with me around all the time. His last girlfriend, the one I hated, had broken up with him because of me even though he refused to admit it. I was bad luck just like my mom said. Today's event proved that.

The nerves in my head throbbed painfully. I should stop thinking, stop degrading myself or else, this migraine was going to eat my brain alive. I shut my eyes, thinking it was all a nightmare. I inhaled and exhaled a couple of times before I decided to pop them open.

Staring around me, I observed the ray of colorful lights wavering from the disco ball and then gazed on the dance floor. Celebrity couples were hitting it off on the floor, shaking their plastic assets off. Most of them resembled plastic toys, no, not Barbie dolls. Barbie dolls were slim with average size of boobs and asses. Everything about their body structure was big apart from their arms, legs and waist. Well, I might be exaggerating but this was how I saw them. My eyes settled on a couple dancing sensationally. The woman had her arms wrapped around her partner's neck, swaying her body to his movement while his hands were on her hips. Her head rested on the crook of his neck. The color of green with envy ran into my body as I watched the couple clinging onto each other. I wondered how it felt to be in someone's arm, how it felt to be touched, to be happy and in love. All of these, I didn't get the chance to experience. My whole life I was in a cage. I was like a freaking Rapunzel minus the long hair. I had no idea if I was destined to love. My stepdad told me I was selfish and incapable of love while my mom said I was a jinxed - anyone who loves me would die. I didn't know if it was true but what they said really stung me. I avoided love as if it was plague. But looking at the couple made me think otherwise. His hands moved up and caressed her expose back. He pushed her body lushly against his. His hands were dangerously moving down to her huge ass. I wanted to be touched like that, to feel the sensation and thrill. I broke my gaze from down there -her ass and glanced up to see who was the couple. The man was dressed in an elegant expensive suit. His lady was wearing a sexy shimmering golden gown with a V cut at the back. I couldn't tell how her front look like since his body covered that part. My gaze kept moving upward till it landed on their faces. I couldn't see who the woman was but I could certainly see the man. That incorrigible man was scowling at me as his hands went on to grab her ass. Dang it! I reversed my thoughts now.