Chapter 8: Action and Cut!

*Note: There will be a change of pov. I'll be writing a scene from the narrator's pov. It's again a practice for my writing skills. Once a writer , my coach, told me, writing different pov helps you understand your characters even better. Again, sorry if it complicates you.
*But still,  enter at your own risk, the walls are cracked. I haven't had the time yet to go through and edit it.

Chapter 8: Action and Cut!

"Don't let someone looks intimidate you."

Hannah Charles

Without any delay, I gingerly locked the gate and sauntered behind him. I didn't dare to utter a word. The unexpected rendezvous with his ex-girlfriend had shaken his mood.

I followed his pace quietly, ambling through a corridor. A few moments later, we reached the other side of the studio. Robert whirled around, a light grin seemed to form its way on his lips. "This is the outdoor set. As you can see," he pointed at the cameras and actors, "We were shooting a fighting scene long before we were interrupted."

"Oh, I see." It was all I could say. I was too flabbergasted to mutter anything else as it was my first time on a film-making set so gawking was a natural reaction. All the staffs that entered the premise earlier were gathered here in their colorful casual apparels. Glancing around, I inspected the surroundings.

The settings were projected to mimic idealized small-town life. There was a wide street lined with suburban houses. In the middle of the street, an old sleek black sports car was being tested by the filming crew. Meanwhile, a milky truck was in front of the said car. A few cranes surrounded the vehicles. I guessed they served the purpose of filming.

 I guessed they served the purpose of filming

"Come on, let's get going. They're waiting for me." Robert nudged my elbow. I slightly winced at his mere touch.

The hunk seemed to cool down pretty fast. He wasn't in a gray mood anymore. He was such an actor.

I nodded and stepped forward towards the scene.

Four men, who were the stunt performers, were being directed by a Chinese stunt coordinator. He demonstrated them how to perform the fighting stunts.

At the side, a lady with long black messy hair was doing the other actors' hair whilst a guy, whom I believed to be as gay as pink ink, was applying their makeup whereas Tina Payne directed them their duties.

There were around four cameramen all positioned differently; the first one was at the top of the crane, the second was opposite of the car, the third was on the right and the fourth was on the left. They were all waiting for Robert to resume the 'fighting scene' that also explained why they had weird makeup on, which made them looked like crooks from far but coming near I could see it's all just plain cosmetic effect.