Chapter 23: In The Club

-never let your ego lead your life cause it will bring you to a disdainful path that you will regret-

Robert Hugh Patrick

"What? What the fuck are you talking about? Dude, if this is a joke, it sure isn't funny." Watching him gulped the beer down his throat; I sat down next to him on the stool giving him one of my famous dumbfounded stare.

Ed tossed the beer back on the bar table, eyeing me. "It ain't a joke. I'm being serious."

I looked into his piercing eyes, the same eyes which had won numerous ladies heart before, searching for a sign that it was a joke. But much to my dismay, his eyes weren't revealing any. He was dead serious.

For the second time tonight, someone patted my shoulder. I groaned. I turned and looked behind me to find Tina standing gloriously there in her hideous outfit. I was used to see her in suits; it was damn weird seeing her in a gown, that too being hideous.

"Rob, where's Hannah?" She asked, turning her head looking all around me.

"She's parking the car."

"An hour had already past and she's still parking the car?" She asked, eyeing me in doubt. What's with people eyeing me tonight? I didn't realize an hour had past by so quickly. Where was she?

"I don't know, Tina. She's supposed to join us here after she parked the car."

"But she isn't here now, is she?" God, she sounded like an annoying teacher, making me feel guilty about not knowing where Hannah was. "Call her now."

Placing my hand in my pocket, my phone wasn't in there. "Why don't you call her?" I told her instead. I was the celebrity here; she was supposed to handle all my affairs. She should call her, not me.

"He's such an ass." She whispered more to herself as she dug her fingers into her silver satin clutch bag.

"I heard that."

"Good for you." Tina said as she took out her phone. She punched in Hannah's number.

"Who's Hannah?" Ed asked, taking another sip of cold beer. Spotting the change of expression on Tina's face, I ignored Ed's question. "Later Ed, not now." With that I left him at the bar, letting him sank in his cold beer while I gathered my attention back to Tina, who was signaling me to follow her. She sure wasn't the same timid girl who started working for Gary a few years ago. She became a strong woman and she had her ways of handling celebrities like me.

"Rob, it's going to voicemail." The blonde woman said, pointing her phone at me.

"Oh damn it. I've totally forgotten, her phone is dead." How could I not realize it? "Wait," I told her before she shoved her phone back in her bag, "Call my phone, I left it in the car."

"Oh, I've forgotten that as well. What was that all about- you breaking her phone?"

"Tina, it's an accident. I'm sure you can ask Hannah later. Just call her now, ok. I need to know if my baby is ok."

"I'm sure your car is fine," she said as she dialed in my number. Hopefully, she'll pick up. I looked at her as we waited for Hannah to answer my phone.

"Hannah, where are you?" Thank god she answered my phone.

"Ask her if my baby is ok."

"Shush!" She shushed me with a wave. Damn that woman. She worked for me and yet she was having the gut to shush me. I couldn't stand it anymore. I was both worried and curious about why Hannah wasn't here. Watching Tina babbling on the phone while she eyed me wasn't helping at all. Dragging the phone off her hand, I listened to Hannah's melodious voice. I hated to admit it; I could just stand here and listen to her talking. But now wasn't the time to think about that, I needed to know where she was and whether my car was parked safely.