Chapter 34: The Diversion

-Lying is a type of diversion. It diverts you from the truth.

Hannah Charles

I knew my attitude wasn't as professional as most of the bodyguards would be but what could I do? Robert was asking too many questions and I couldn't answer them. I couldn't possibly.

What if he digs into my past? What if he finds out about him?

A bunch of what ifs was playing in my head. So I did what I had to do; divert the subject. I pretended to be both mad and upset by the message. He didn't suspect anything when I had walked out on him earlier. Sure, the text message from the anonymous sender infuriated me, he might though so but I had no time to think about that. Someone was here to hurt me. Someone had trapped me in the ladies. The tool was a clear sign; he was indeed here but how?How on freaking earth did he know I was here? It didn't make any sense.

Tromping down the corridor with my heart thumping loudly in my ears, I found my way back to the bar. I needed a drink to drown myself in. A drink to make me forget what had just happened. A drink to calm both my heart and mind down. I looked up to see the same bartender smirking at me. I narrowed my eyes at him. I wasn't in a mood to be entertaining, not when my heart was about to burst into half.

Just then, I felt someone pat on my shoulder. The action made me jumped up. Freaking tarts!

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

I twirled around to see Eleana apologizing to me.

"It's ok." I forced a thin smile on my lips.

"Is everything ok, Hannah?" She frowned at me.

"Ye-yeah, wh-why?"

"Cause you look as if you've seen a ghost."

"Wh-what?" The sound blasting in the club was loud. I hated clubs and I hated clubbing and I certainly hated loud music. My head throbbed with pain.

"I mean you look pale. Are you sure you're OK? Are you having trouble in paradise?"

"Paradise?"

Eleana nodded, pointing behind me. I curved my head to see what she was pointing at.

Robert was standing tall with an unreadable expression. No surprise. I sighed at thought as to why he couldn't freaking leave me alone.

"Hannah," he called out. No sweetheart this time; he must be pissed at me or he thought I was pissed at him and would lash out if he called me by his usual endearment.

I refused to listen to him. I started to march away from both, Eleana and him. I needed to be alone to clear my head, yet it was hard to do so in a club packed with drunkards who were dancing around while bumping into me. I was definitely be in the mood to give them a piece of my mind or even shove them out of my face nonetheless I refrained myself from doing so. They were famous mortals. Plus, I had no time to get into trouble again. Getting into trouble with an incorrigible prince was already enough on my plate. I decided to endure the attitude of these glitterati for a night. I was sure I could do that. It was just like enduring Robert for the whole week.

Passing by of a group of rappers; I assumed they were by the heavy gold chain they were draining themselves in, I hoped to get away from Robert. They were massively huge, with tattoos all over them; face, biceps, fingers, you name it. I bent my head down like a nerd walking around with books in her hand, not daring to make any eye-contact with them. My main concern was the Hollywood star and my mysterious trapper. I knew he would ask me about the tool and what happened back there in the ladies. Unfortunately, I was out of luck as I heard one of the rappers calling out, "Yo Rob, long time no see." I hoped there was someone else here with that name. Then I heard an evident sound of slapping palms along with an answer from the person I was trying to get away from.