Chapter 64: A certain Beeber

This chappie is dedicated to @sahifamalik6
I hope you pass your exams with flying colors.

Chapter 64: A certain Beeber

"Never allow anger to take over your body. It's unhealthy."

Hannah Charles

I jerked my head back to glance at the person who just spoke. Perplexed by what I saw, I dropped the tempting croissant on the beige plate.

"What are you doing here?" The sudden rise of my vocal pitch gained the attention of the other people who were lounging here. They shook their heads in disapproval.

"That wasn't the answer I was expecting." He placed his hands in the pockets of his olive cargo trousers.

"Please enlighten me." My neck hurt as I tried to angle my head at him. As a solution, I raised my butt from the comfy couch to stand less than a quarter of a foot opposite of the celebrated person.

"I was expecting a thank you from you." An extended smirk laced his lips. My eyes narrowed, focusing on the mini cross tattoo inked beneath his left eye.

That was one hell of a tattoo. Who on earth would want their faces to be carved? Certainly, not me.  "Why should I thank you?"

"Don't you remember?"

If I knew, I wouldn't have asked, you dumbo!

Despite that, I thought of last night, but no special scene where I should mutter thanked to him flooded to mind. "I remember you hopping off stage, introducing yourself  before we were interrupted by Robert."

"Robert--" He whirled his head around, searching the premise. "Tell me one thing, is he here as well?"

The way he kept shifting his eyes around, left my mind puzzled. "Why? Do you intend to resume the splendid conversation you had with him about how a huge of a fan you are?"

He scratched the back of his neck. "Damn, Lady Bodyguard," his voice roared in a series of cackles, "You can joke."

Tapping my foot on the ground, I replied, "I'm not joking."

"I like you. You're funny." He surveyed around before whispering, "Robert is a lucky dude to have you as his bodyguard." He pointed at the two men in suits who stood tall a few feet behind him. "I'm stuck with these two bricks."

Is Robert really lucky to have me as his bodyguard?

I laughed at his last sentence, dismissing my thoughts.

"Is he around?"

"Robert?" I bet this pop-star hoped to snap a selfie with him. It'll create buzz in the media if he posted pictures of them online. Headlines will spice it all into a juicy headline; 'The hot superstar and sizzling pop-star are having an affair.'

He nodded.

"Unfortunately for you, no, he's not." He must be disappointed. No selfies. No celebrities buzz.

Beeber, get on with your goodbyes, so I can resume indulging the croissant.

I gazed behind, staring at the plate sitting on the mini table. My tempting croissant and doughnut waited irascibly for my return. My tongue licked the side of my lips, impatient to take a bite.

"Great!"

"W-eh-what?" Did he say great? Shouldn't he say a sad or disappointed word?

"I'm glad he's not here. We can resume our conversation with no distractions." He winked. "Why don't we start all over again?" He didn't wait for an answer. "Hi, I'm Justin Beeber."

Can't he leave me alone? I'm famished.

I played along since I'd nothing better to do. "Hey Justin, I'm Hannah Charles." I hesitated to give him my hand.  Of course, he couldn't wait. He forcefully gripped and shook it firmly.

"Hannah Charles, what a beautiful name for a bodyguard." He kept his grip on my hand, caressing the top of my palm. "You know, you still haven't said thank you."

Oh lord, he's unbelievable.

Letting a laze huff out of my throat, I retorted, "And you still haven't told me why I should say so."

"If I wasn't nearby last night, your body would have smacked the floor."

 That was why I flew in the dark. "No way! It was you who carried me in your arms? I thought it was..."

"It was me."

"No wonder I couldn't recognize the voice who kept saying Hannah, wake up."

"That wasn't me."

"Oh." Who was it then?

"You have to be careful around Vienna. She's unstable."

Her being a drug abuse was called unstable. No doubt she got away with what she did.

"Do you know her?"

"Nah, not personally." His fingers traced my forearm, examining my bandages. "Does it still hurt?"

"No." The pad of his thumb grazed a sensitive part of the damage skin. As a result, I yelped, squeezing my eyes.

"I'm so-"

His words hung in the air. In a click of a second, someone ripped his hand from my arm. My gaze fixed at him in bewilderment.

"That's for touching and hurting her." With that, a strong fist landed on Justin's cheek.

Freaking tarts!

👉❤💛💚💙💜❤👈

👉❤💛💚💙💜❤👈

Thank you for reading.

What do you think of Justin Bieber?

Who on earth have the guts to hit Justin Beeber? The Celebrity or The Best Friend?

A cookie to those who answer correctly.