Chapter 43: The Fake Doctor

*Wow, I can't believe I've written 43 chapters! Wish me all the best to keep writing.

Chapter 43: The Fake Doctor

"Only a brother can protect you, love you and care for you like a father."

Hannah Charles

"Promise me you won't scream, then Ah'll let go of my hands," he murmured, looking straight into my eyes.

His hand was still over my mouth. So how could I promise him? I shook my head at his silliness and nodded in approval.

He removed his hand away and said, "Ah'm sorry, sister."

I observed him. His merman hair style was safely hidden behind the surgical cap. "Hayden, how did you...?"

He interrupted me before I had a chance to say what I wanted to say. "Ana, please let me finish. Ah need to hurry before the nurse get here." He stood, looking at me.

"Go on," I said, hiding all my emotions.

"Ah know Ah'm not the best brother in world. Ah wish Ah could go back but Ah can't. Ah came here to tell you Ah'm truly and deeply sorry for everythin."

"Bullshit! You left me alone with him. You know, you're not the only one who hates him. I hate him too. You have no idea how I had to surfer because of you." I snapped at him. How could he march in here and said he was sorry.

"Shh Ana, they'll hear us."

I calmed myself, breathing in and out. He had no idea what kind of dilemma I was in right now. "Hayden, I love you. I wish you had brought me with you instead of leaving me alone in that house. Did you know he arrange my marriage at 18?"

He nodded, "Ah know, sister, Ah know."

"How?"

"Mom told me. She told me everythin. About the marriage. About your runaway. About ..."

"You talked to mom?"

"Yes."

"When?"

"Sometime back."

He talked to mom but he didn't talk to me all these years. He left home when he was sixteen. I was only eleven years old at that time. I was all alone. He was the only sibling I had. He was my only wall of support I had in that house I refused to call home. "Why didn't you call me?"

"Ah couldn't, Ana."

I examined him, taking in what he said. My blood was boiling in anger. He talked to mom but not me. Why? "Why are you here, Hayden?"

"Ah couldn't stop thinkin about you since Ah saw you in the club. Ah wanted to talk to you but you hide yourself from me. After you fainted, Ah knew they would brin you here. So Ah have to take the only chance Ah have to tell you..." He stopped, rubbing his chin.

"Tell me what, Hayden?"

He caressed my head, "Little sister, Ah love you but you can't tell anyone you know me."

"What do you mean? Are you still with the cartel?"

He nodded.

Oh no, no, no. "Why Hayden, why?"

"Ah can't tell you, Ana. It's for your own safety. That's why you can't tell anyone about me or my name or anything regardin me."

Hearing him talking like that made my tears to well up in my eyes. "Does mom know?"

"She knows everythin Ana, everythin."

"Are you still on drugs?"

He wiped my tears away. "No, Ah'm not usin anymore. Ah stopped for my own sake. Ah was young at that time. Ah didn't know how it would affect me. But now Ah'm all mature, takin responsibility for all my deeds."