Chapter 9: Interview with Oprah

-The truth doesn't always come out from one's mouth-

Third point of view

On her fourth day she was to accompany Robert to a talk show. She had no idea what show it was until she arrived to that particular set in Chicago.

'Guest star of today: Robert Hugh Patrick' she saw a poster hanging on the main silvery door of the medium sized Harpo's studios. She followed behind Robert as he entered the desired location. She noticed Robert wasn't a bit nervous being interview on a 'live talk show'. He marched in with a confident grin plastered on his face.

"Hello Robert! I'm honored to have you on the show today." He was shortly greeted by a beautiful black woman who appeared to be in her mid fifties with short black curly hair who gave him a peck on each of his cheek. She turned around and glanced at Hannah sweetly smiling at her or she thought she was. Hannah was shocked and just stared back. She couldn't believe her eyes. Oprah Winfrey was standing a few feet away from her. The Oprah Winfrey! She loved her show and adored the way she approached her fans. If she wasn't a bodyguard right now, she would have totally screamed and pulled her in for a hug.

"Is Robert going to be interviewed by Oprah Winfrey on The Oprah Winfrey Show?" Hannah nudged Tim who was standing beside her and whispered to him the question that was on her mind.

"Yes, in a few minutes they're going live," Tim replied not sounding surprised at all.

Robert was rushed into a dressing room where they made sure his expensive black Armani Exchange suit, black tie, messy blonde hair and make-up were all 100% perfect for the camera.

A few moments later, the show went 'on air'. Hannah heard Oprah talking 'live' on the show, welcoming her audience in a friendly manner. She told them that the guest star of the day was the stunning, gorgeous award winning actor, Robert Hugh Patrick. They screamed, "Oh My God!" and applauded as soon as Robert was on stage. Robert and Oprah did a weird dance on stage that entertained the audience pretty well. The audience who were mostly ladies in their mid-twenties and also teenagers rose from their black and white chairs that matched the design of stage beautifully and danced to the music as well.

Hannah was standing backstage making sure everything went on smoothly and from where she was standing, she could see Robert and Oprah. Robert was facing her and Oprah was facing Robert. Oprah welcomed him in front of her live audience and he in return greeted her and his fans.

"Doesn't he look amazing?' Oprah asked her audience with huge grin on her face.

They yelled, "Yes...!" and some other cried, "I love you, Robert!"

"You look lovely yourself, Oprah," Robert praised Oprah with a kind smile on his face and added, "I love you too," while looking at his fans.

Oprah thanked him for his praise. She asked him to sit on her white leather sofa and started off with her interview.

"So Robert tell us more about your movie Midnight in Jail, what was your first reaction when you were approached with the script?" asked Oprah as she sat across of Robert.

"When Gary first approached me, he said I was the first actor in his mind to play the main character in Midnight in Jail. I was flattered at his remark. So I immediately agreed and read the script. I had instantly felt in love with the character Jake. Jake was a brave soldier who was willing to give everything up for his country but everything changed after he met Elena. It was love at first sight for both of them. Little did Jake know that Elena was engaged to his captain, Luke, and was soon to be married. Elena was against the marriage and hated the fact that her father, a retired lieutenant, was forcing her hand to Luke. Jake and Elena had decided to run away a day before Elena's wedding. Luke did everything in his power to stop Jake from being with Elena. Luke arrested Jake so that he could go on with the wedding. On their wedding night exactly at midnight, Elena had committed suicide. Hence, every midnight, Elena's soul, or some would say ghost, would float by near Jake's prison cell and whine Jake's name over and over again in a sweet, loving tone. Jake had no idea Elena was dead and he always stayed awake to hear her voice at midnight. I was really touched at how the story line had developed. Unlike many stories, this one had a sad ending," Robert explained in detail.