Chapter 21: Parking Lot

-Lying is the only way to escape the truth, it complicates things; avoid it.

Hannah Charles

What do I do now? God, please help me.

Looking at the empty space beside the lime colored McLauren, I switched the gears to reverse. As quick as a wink, I pressed on the accelerator and reversed into the parking spot. Seconds after, I turned off the ignition to let the engine cool off from the sudden action.

Ha, I didn't know I was as fast as the furious 7. I should be in the movie with them.

I mentally congratulated myself for pulling that stun off. I didn't know I had it in me to do that, luckily I didn't bump the car behind.

Staring at the dark Audi SUV, I saw the driver's door opened and immediately a series of unsociable cuss filled the air.

"Bloody shit!" The driver was certainly a 'he', now that was confirmed.

I ducked below the wheels, not wanting the pissed off driver to know I was in the car or worst - to know that I bumped him.

Heavy footsteps could be heard as the said driver went around the back of his car, examining his injured bumper.

"Bloody bloody hell!" He said as he touched the scratch of the car. I wasn't worried that much about the man's reaction; I was more worried about Robert's reaction when he'll see the damage of his car. I prayed it was nothing serious. I was still on the floor of the car when I heard another horning sound.

Peeking to see who it was, I saw a vehicle behind the Audi horning. The SUV had abruptly stopped in the middle of the parking lot, causing traffic or so.

"You arsehole, get down now!" The man said in his heavy British monotone accent, ordering the driver who was horning to get out from the car. His voice sounded vaguely familiar. But I didn't have time to divulge whose voice it was as I heard a loud thud. Feeling both scare and guilty, I elevated my body to get a view of what was going on.

I felt relieved when I saw he wasn't knocking on the Ferrari but instead on a pearl white BMW. Once again, raising his fist, he aimed at the BMW window, pounding on it like a crazy homeless dude. I hoped the window wouldn't smash against his strong fist.

The recipient of the pearly car winded down the window and muttered, "What is the fucking wrong with you?" It was a girl and oh, she was mad, freaking mad. Of course, who wouldn't get mad at a mad man knocking as if he was going to break the window.

The man whose back was facing me seemed to be taken aback that it was a female in the car. It took him a few seconds to answer, "Get down right now!" I hated his rude tone.

I felt sorry for the girl, I should probably go down there and clear their misunderstanding but I remained frozen. My body wouldn't react to what my mind was telling me to do. Weird.