Chapter 32: My Hero

Chapter 32: My Hero

-Goodness happens when you least expected it to.

Hannah Charles

Fear and fury burnt inside me. The bitter taste of my tears and sweat made me swallow away  my nervousness.

No. Alex, I wasn't going to cry anymore. I'm done shedding tears. I'm going to be brave, swallow my fears away like you suggested. I'm strong, I'm not weak. I'm strong. I'm strong...

My fingers clutched tightly together in a fist. I was ready to punch the hell out of this lunatic. I will not be manipulated again. Getting both my arms and legs ready for a possible attack, I bent my knees a little to be able to throw a punch under this lunatic's chin - a technique I've learned in self-defense class.

A few seconds had passed by since I last heard the clicked sound. The failure of feeling any presence caused my eyelids to be sluggishly roused. My pupils surveyed around. In the blink of an eye, darkness blinded me. How was I to defend myself if I couldn't see a thing? Not even the shadow of the door was visible. It could be opened or it could also be closed. I groaned at the thought.

Tonight of all nights had to be a moonless night. Freaking tarts!

The window at the end of the washroom was opened but cursed my fate – no street lights or even moonlight shone to give me a hint of the unexpected intruder.

First Drake, then this psychotic animal. God, I wondered what you have reserved for me.

Bang!

A loud noise made me jumped in place.

"Hannah..."

Alex? Alex was here to rescue me.

I listened tentatively again to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. A smile started to form on my lips. My hero was here.

"Hannah, are you in there?"

The way he said Hannah, my name, wasn't up to his tone. Alex and I were from Texas. People in Texas were heavily accented.  Sadly, no. It wasn't Alex's voice but still the strain of the tone sounded very familiar. Hmm.. who could that be? My brain tried to work the pieces together. Robert? Could it be him? No, I didn't think so. He was busy mingling with the French seductress.

I waited to hear again from the person who pushed on the door of the washroom.

"Sweetheart, where are you?"

Yes, it was certainly Robert. He was the only one on this universe who dared to call me sweetheart.  A minute later the light flicked on. My eyes narrowed and blinked a few times to adjust at the sudden brightness that invaded the room.

"Rob- Robert," I swallowed the lump in my throat, "I'm in here."
 I was aware my voice sounded fragile- not a voice of a bodyguard, but I didn't care.  I lifted my hand in the air so he would know which stall I was in. "The door is jammed. I can't get out."

"Hold on a sec, sweetheart. I'll get you out in a minute." The way he said it one would think he was trying to flirt but the slight change in the timbre of his voice told me he was worried.  Hearing his tone made me feel safe and secure and I only felt this way around Alex.
"Now, that's weird. Who would do that?"

"Do what?"

"The stall you're in has been jammed by a screwdriver," he said, trying to shift the screwdriver away from the door. The screeching sound of the mental alerted my thoughts. The lunatic was indeed here. My body shivered again. He was here, here near precious me. Maybe a few feet away. How could that be possible? He was in..

I saw the door ajar once the screwdriver was out. I began to step back as Robert opened it widely for me to step out of it.  Seeing him standing there, I couldn't help but run to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and started to sob. His arms hugged my body tightly against his and lifted me off the ground.

"Shush, sweetheart. I'm here. " He patted my back the way a father would, ensuring me that he was here to protect me and  there was no need for me to weep. His hand caressed the small of my back, from my spine  down to the length of my backbone. It took me awhile to get everything together.  I finally stopped shedding more tears and moved my head away from his neck.

"Th- thank y-you," I stuttered, still feeling a little bit tensed.

His eyes observed me. The blue shade in his orbs was crystal clear. I could see my grieve in them. He was honestly worried about me and here I was thinking he cared more about that French star.  His hand moved the lock of my hair that was blocking the side of my face.  Sensing the heat radiating in between us, I took it as my cue to get off him. I placed my feet on the ground, unwrapping my arms around him.

"What happened?" He asked, pointing to the screwdriver on the floor. "Who put this?"

He let go of me as I bent down to pick up the yellow screwdriver.

I examined it. I swore my heartbeat skipped a beat by just looking at this tool.

No, it can't possibly be.

_____________________________________________________________________

Oh my God, I swear writing this scene made me feel so tense and scared. It took a lot of emottions and I'm not sure if I could deliver it..

what do you think about Hannah? And Robert deserved a cookie for saving Hannah. Who thought Robert was this observant?

Anyway, will this affect Hannah's chance of getting the job as a bodyguard? What will Robert think of her as she started to weep?

What do you think about the screwdriver?

Thanks for reading. Vote and Comment -have a heart to do so and if you did, I'll hug you :D

Love y'all,

SweetAngelx

Follow @SweetAngelx9 on Twitter.