Chapter 31: PANICKED

Dedicated to all who kindly voted, really appreciate it . Love you.

Chapter 31: PANICKED

- Don't allow anyone to see your weakness or they'll end up taking advantage of you. Be bold.-

*Recap*

I tried to stay calm but it was hard. It was dark and the door was jammed. All of a sudden, I heard someone whistling –a short whistle followed with a long whistle and again a short whistle. The three familiar syllable whistles; no it couldn't be. Was I having another attack, was I hallucinating again? It couldn't be. I shook my head in agony and backed away from the door. The sound of the whistles made my heart rate triple its normal rate. I started to feel difficult to breath. Who was out there? Was it my nightmare coming true? The whistles sounded nearer and nearer. I closed my eyes, hoping it was a nightmare. I opened them again. Much to my dismay, I was still in the toilet stall with no lights and the sound was getting closer. I needed to get away before I got hurt again. I parted my lips to shout for help but my voice was stuck at the back of my throat.

Sweat dripped down my face as I contemplated in fear.

God, please help me, please don't let this happen to me again.

***********

Hannah Charles

The night stood still as the sound of the vivid footsteps echoed in the washroom. My head was mentally taking note of how many footsteps were being executed by the unknown human being; one step, two steps and three steps. The person stopped after taking the third step and the worst part, it sounded nearer to the stall I was in. I raised my heels and quietly tiptoed backward as far away as I could from the door. The balls of my feet stopped moving when my back touched the wall. At the same time, the anonymous figure whistled again. The three syllable whistles resonated across the stall. My eyelids were shut and my trembling hands pressed snugly together. I tried to calm myself but the sound of the whistles reverberating in my head was preventing me from doing so. The sound of my heart pounding rapidly in my ears panicked me. What should I do?

God, please help me. Oh Alex, how I wish you were here.

I tried to remember what Alex would tell me if I was having a panic attack.

Take deep breaths.

I began to breathe in and breathe out. My chest rose up and down.

Think positive.

Oh, how was I to think positive when I might possibly be under attack? Nevertheless, I tried to think of our happy times together –but couldn't do so. The whistles were still echoing in the room.

Hannah, you're a brave girl. Don't allow anyone to see your weakness or they'll end up taking advantage of you. Be bold.

Alex's words ran in my mind as my finger wiped the involuntary tears that were dripping down my cheeks.

The whistles finally were muted. Instantly, I popped my eyes open. I wished I could penetrate through the wall and make it to the other side. I turned my body swiftly to face the wall. I pressed both of my hands on it. Moving my hands in a slow motion, I tried to feel any hollow part of the wall. I lifted my arms to lightly knock on the brick in hope of finding a hollow side. After taking karate lesson, I learnt to break layers of wood. Maybe I could break it to the other side or perhaps knocking on the fiber of the hollow part of the wall would gain someone's attention which I deeply hoped would. The palm of my hands hit a rigid part. I hit again and again. But alas, the wall was as hard as a rock.

I sighed in defeat.

Moments later, the door knob started to move. The shaking of the door knob startled me. The noise made me panic again, forgetting all about Alex's advice. Pressing myself against the wall, I shut my eyes tightly as I prayed in my heart. The door shook wildly and stopped when a click was sounded.

Immediately, my heart forgot to pound. My breathing stopped. The hair on my arms stood in alert.

Nooo!

************

Excuse me for the short chapter.
This is my first time writing a terrifying and panicked scene. How did I do?

Love y'all,

SweetAngelx

Follow @SweetAngelx9 on Twitter.