Chapter 59: Unexpected Wild Kiss

Happy Eid to every one and Happy fourth of July . I know I'm a tad late. Sorry!

Chapter 59: Unexpected Wild Kiss

"I don't need permission to dream."

Hannah Charles

My forearms throbbed terribly. My chest felt heavy. With every slow breath I inhaled, I sensed a weight leaning against my rib-cage as if someone was lying on me. Gently, I raised my eyelids to take a peek. A pair of unusual dark pupils was glaring at me. Orange orbs. Perplexed, I widened my eyes to get a better view. What I saw made me shrieked. I lifted myself from the comfy bed whilst the critter on me plunged to the floor.

What the freaking tarts!

"Madam, calm down." An unfamiliar voice spoke.

Hearing the unknown voice, I became aware of my environment. I observed my surroundings. Taupe overcoat walls encircled me. I wasn't home. This wasn't my room. My room wasn't as spacious as this one was. Where the dang was I?

I spun around to face the person who had just spoken. A woman around her mid-thirties stood across of me. She had light brown skin and silky black hair. She wore a floral apron. She was picking my muddy undies from the floor. Last night event came crushing down on me. I blushed, recalling how my clothes were lying on the floor.

"It's just an iguana." The woman stated, pointing to the long tailed critter.

I focused at it. It extended its dewlap.

"It's saying hello to you, madam." She whispered, picking the last piece of my garment.

The iguana crawled closer to me.

Freaking tarts!

"Who the dang are you and what's an iguana doing here?" I blurted out, panicking as the critter was slowly getting closer to me. I had never seen one in my life. Never.

"Sorry, I forgot my manners. I'm Kiran, the housekeeper."

The tone of my voice softened as I realized she was Robert's housekeeper. "Oh hi, Kiran. I'm sorry I snap at you. I thought..." What should I tell her? I thought only Robert and I were in the house. I had no idea another person was present. So did you see me naked? I couldn't say that. I just settled with, "Would you mind telling me what an iguana is doing here?"

"This is Bob, Mr. Patrick's pet."

"An iguana? His pet?" Her statement was somehow hard to believe.

"Yes, madam. Mr. Patrick loves animals. Bob has been with him for two years."

"Stop calling me madam. I'm Hannah, Robert's..."

"I know who you are."

"You do?"

"Yes, you're Mr.Patrick's guest and all his guests are treated with respect. I'm sorry, I can't call you by your name, madam."

"It's fine, Kiran. You don't have to apologize." I sauntered towards her, making sure not to step on the critter, oh wait, I meant Bob. "I should be the one apologizing for not picking up my clothes. Give them to me." I moved my hands to take my outfits from her. A sharp pain shot down my nerves. I winced. I briefly glanced at my bandages. Dang!

"Don't worry, madam. Mr. Patrick instructed me to take care of you since you're injured."

"Did he mention how I injured my hands?"

"No, he didn't give me any specific details."

"Right." I still couldn't believe the fact I poured hot water over my own wrists. It didn't sound like me at all. I wasn't that careless. I glanced at the iguana. It blinked its eyes. I sighed. Luckily, it was just an iguana. I thought I was dreaming about monsters with orange orbs.