Chapter 60: I Need You

Unedited. Let me know if you spot any mistakes. Enjoy :D

CHAPTER 60: I Need You

"The way his long gaze focused solely on me made me feel like the most beautiful creature in the nature; like I was the only one in his life, like I was his branch and him my trunk, like I was the moon and him the stars, like I was his paper and him the pencil, like I was his everything."

Hannah Charles

I stayed still. I didn't dare to move a bone.

Gone was my laughter.

Gone was the humor.

Gone was the distance in between us.

Gone was my air supply.

I was too stunned by his action to react. Breathe; I forgot how to. Soft lips curved on mine, taking away my only chance to inhale. Just then, I heard the sound of the door squeaking. All the nerves beneath the epidermis layer of my skin became alert. The cool morning breeze scraped my barren feet and parts of my arms which weren't covered by the sleeves of my new tee. I slightly shivered.

Someone was either snaking in or out. It could be either the guys or the housekeeper. I didn't care. All I could think of was how I was supposed to react to this kiss. Should I slap him like how they did in the movies? Should I shove him away? Should I kick him in the place where his hard muscles twitched?

I attempted to lift my wrists but fail. I couldn't do it. The frame of my petite body was numb, still contemplating what just happened.

My first kiss.

My first freaking kiss.

Robert stole my first kiss.

Bastard!

First kiss was supposed to be the most romantic thing on earth. It should be shared with someone you love deeply. Sparks will be executed in the process. Fireworks will be popping in excitement. And the receiver will be jumping with joy while blushing.

Strange was what I was feeling. I'd been saving all these years for the one. THE ONE. This bastard took it away.

Dang him!

Robert sensed my uneasiness. He tore his face away whilst his body remained attach to mine. He brushed a strand of my hair behind my ear. "Sweetheart, don't think too much."

I couldn't help but think when he whispered those words. Hours ago, I was overwhelmed by the anticipation of his fingers on my naked skin. No one had ever touched the way he did. His touches soothed and calmed my tendons. I appreciated the fact his eyes were bounded. He couldn't perceive how affected I was by him. But now, he wasn't. No tie to cover his sight.

He peered into my hazelnuts. His pupils darkened as he focused on them, searching. As he searched, I held his intimidating gaze. I wanted him to see the anger between the eyelids. But, something else happened. I was deeply hypnotized. In a matter of seconds, I forgot how much of a bastard he was. I forgot how furious I should be. I forgot to kick and smack him.

My every vein was electrified by his electric blues. They were remarkably quixotic. The black rings around his irises overtook the cobalt shade. His thin almond shaped orbs beamed as I examined them.

I could stare the whole day but my pupils had a mind of their own. They shifted to his lips, examining the culprits. Those sultry pinks that were on my lips a moment ago stretched into a genuine smile, displaying cute side dimples.