Chapter 33: The Tool

Chapter 33: The tool

Too many accidents to cause incidents for it to be a coincidence.

Hannah Charles

My mind was doing its best to analyze everything; from the whistles to the jammed door. It couldn't possibly be a coincidence not after holding and examining the yellow and black stripes screwdriver which was currently sited in my hand. Too many accidents to cause incidents for it to be a coincidence. Instantly, my palm opened and the object went diving down.

"Does it look familiar?" Robert gripped the tool in his hand, shoving it in front of my face, "Who the fuck would want to hurt you, Hannah?"

"No, it doesn't look familiar" I lied, looking away from the yellow and white stripes tool. "I have no idea who would do this." I tried not to stutter. He didn't need to know about my past. What happened 3 years ago was none of his business. He was my boss and I was his bodyguard, trainee to be exact. My job would be at stake if he knew everything. I couldn't burden Alex for the rest of his life. I really needed the money badly; an income to support me.

"Hannah, look" I cocked my head to his direction, trying hard not show how affected I was by this screwdriver.

It could belong to someone else, right? Not only one person has the same type and color, right?

My pupils narrowed with furrowed brows at the sight of Robert, holding the object I refused to look at. What could he possibly want me to see?

"See what?"

"Look here," he pointed at the freaking object which I wished to toss out of the window – far away from my naked eyes.

Hesitantly, I looked at the certain spot of the tool. His finger touched the metal and caressed a part of it which I was supposed to focus on. How on earth didn't I spot that?

"Do you see the initials?"

I nodded, reaching out to bring his wrist nearer to my eyes. Stood in bold italic letters;

M.A.

For the nth time tonight, my lungs were finding it hard to breathe. No one put their initials on stupid tools. No one, except the one person I knew too well who would go as far as putting initials in his shoes.  His freaking shoes!  This confirmed my doubts. But how on earth did he get here? Oh, I forgot. I was currently standing on a cursed land, Newville, the placed I met him. Still, this didn't explain anything. He couldn't and wouldn't know about me being in a celebrity club. I had no idea what to think of.

"Do you know anyone who has the same initials as these?" Robert muttered, gripping the tool harder. Did my face expression state that I knew? Dang! He couldn't know anything.

Think fast, Hannah.

"Yes, I know." I turned my back at him. He didn't need to look at me when I say this.

"Who?" The tone of his voice increased. "Tell me who the fuck, Hannah? Tell me."

"Marie Antoinette," I whispered.

"Marie what?" I bet he thought he heard me wrong. He placed both of his hands on my shoulders, turning me around.

I glanced down at his fine leather shoes, "Marie Antoinette."

"You've got to be kidding me. Marie Antoinette, the French actress?"

"The one and only."

"This doesn't make any sense, Hannah." He lifted my chin. My eyes met his blue ones. His pupils grew darker as he stared at me.I would have dove into them if he didn't open his mouth.

"Why it doesn't make any sense, huh?" I pretended to be infuriated by his comment. "This is the ladies and only a lady will come in here."

"Yes, I know that. I'm not dumb. Marie Antoinette isn't the culprit here." Why was he defending her, were they really that close?

"Why can't she be? The initials written on that freaking tool is M.A. and the only person I know, you know with that same initials is Marie Antoinette. So explain to me, why can't it be her?"

"Because she was with me the whole time you were in here."

"I thought so..." Before I had a chance to finish my sentence, I felt something vibrated. "What's that?"

"Must be my phone."

I totally forgot about having his possession inside my pocket. I dug my hand in and pulled it out. A new message icon played on the screen. I was about to tap on the screen when Robert snatched the phone from me.

"In case you forgot, that's my phone and my message."

"In case you forgot, you broke my phone. So, I'm taking yours hostage." Where on earth did I get the courage to speak like this?

I snatched the phone back from him. It could be a message from Alex, replying to my message earlier. I tapped on the icon and began reading the message.

My body froze.

"What's wrong? Who's that?" I voluntarily gave the phone back to him. His eyes scanned the screen, "Hw dare u betray me, honey! Clingin on to snow white like theres no tmrw. Im gonna fucking make sure u burn in hell!!!!Burn!!!"

"One of your fucking buddies I guess." I recognized the number. It was the exact one that sent the picture of the big boobs. With that, I stormed out of the ladies.

"Hannah, wait," Robert shouted behind me.

_____________________________________________________

Oh-uh. There - another turn and twists.

Any guesses of who might sent the message? Snd the screwdriver belongs to who?

A cookie to the person who gets the answer right.

Enjoy.

Don't forget to leave a note of inspiration or sarcastic.

If you like it, don't forget to vote and comment.

Love y'all,

SweetAngelx