Chapter 61: I love you, my precious

Enjoy this video; We don't talk anymore by Charlie Puth feat Selena Gomez.

Lovely song. I was listening to this while writing. It's stuck in my head.

This is my own version (I have a habit of changing lyrics cause I can't remember the exact one) ;

Whenever I see you
I pretend to look somewhere else
So you won't catch me staring
I can't take it anymore
Oh
We don't talk anymore
We don't laugh anymore
We don't love anymore
Like we used to do

😊

Chapter 61: I love you, my precious

"Cherish the friend who was at your side when you needed him.  Appreciate him as you won't have the chance to meet someone as precious as him."

Hannah Charles

I paced in the living room, browsing through the iPhone menu. Spotting the Google Maps icon, I tapped on it. Wiping my tears with the back of my palm, I sent my current location to Alex. I hadn't a single clue where I was exactly in Chicago. I knew for a fact this was Robert's private domain. The pictures suspended on the wall didn't give me a reason to doubt. They portrayed vibrant images of him, his friends and his family. He even designed a specific corner for a specific theme.

The wall opposite of me displayed the photos of his friends. Hence, the one beside me exposed the images of his family. Placing the iPhone on the round glass table next to a vase, I scanned one by one, trying to drift my mind away from the grief I was feeling. I spotted a picture where a young Robert was standing behind a lovely couple who was seated on a coffee couch. Robert held vast resemblance to them. They must be his parents. Observing the frame, I noticed he had his mom's electric blue eyes whereas he'd gotten his father's blonde mane. They looked blissful together. I stared away, thinking about my own unhappy family.

Shaking my head, I glared at the second picture. It was Robert with his mom. He was cradling her in his arms. Meanwhile, his mother buried her face behind her hands, hiding expression. It seemed he was trying to demonstrate how sturdy he was. The third was a picture of him on a boat with his dad and his uncle, Bob. The three of them were gripping their fishing rode to show their catch. Robert had the tiniest fish of all. He wasn't grinning widely like the other two elderly men.

The next image caught my attention. My breathing rate escalated.

Drake.

Tears ran down my cheeks. He was the main reason behind my agony. I detested him. My fist made its way forward to smash his face.

"Madam, are you alright?"

I angled my head to the side to see the worried housekeeper with a broom in her hand. I ceased my action, dropping my wrist. She frowned, heavy grease formed on her forehead.

"Where's the bathroom?" Remembering my manners, I added, "Please."

I didn't want to go back upstairs to use the ensuite. I needed a few minutes to control the amount of salty water leaking out of my eyes but it was hard to so when Kiran was gawking at me with concern laced in her piercing black peepers. I couldn't stand it.

"Enter the kitchen." She pointed her index finger at the kitchen doorway. "Go straight and turn left."

I nodded and thanked her. The directions she gave were easy to follow. Seconds later, I located a milk door. I rotated the doorknob and swayed in. The bathroom wasn't that extravagant. Unlike the one in his room, this was moderately built. With one tug, I pushed the toilet seat down and sat on it.

Finally, I had the privacy I wanted. No one was here to judge me. I poured my heart out. I cried and cried and cried.

My life was a mess. Drake, dang him! He appeared happy with Robert and a young lady whom I didn't recognize in the photo. The boys were on horses. His horse was black and Robert's was brown. The brunette girl was standing in between the blonds. She was gazing at Drake, giving him a toothy grin. Drake gazed back at her with the similar beam. Robert stared directly at the camera as if he was watching me. But Drake was the one who caught my attention. He was cheerful. A cheerful teenage boy. I was glad he had adventurous teenage years. He spoiled that chance for me.

Remembering the way he looked in the frame had my palms curved into fists. I got up and ambled my way to the sink.

I peeked at my reflection in the oval mirror above the sink. The image I saw had me heaved for air. My complexion hinted how terrible I appeared to be. My eyes and nose were red. The contours of my eyelids were swollen. My lips were dry, pale and cracked. It was evident I was crying.

It was déjà vu all over again. Alex couldn't see me like this. He will be dang heart broken. His hard work will go in vain. Setting my mind in place, I elevated the faucet, and splashed water over my face. I did so until I was calm enough to compose myself. Once I was done, I pressed my eyelids together, thinking about our crazy moments. A thin smile trailed my lips as I imagined Alex in his cowboy costumes during the Cowboy Carnival back in Dallas.

Just then, I heard a sound of an engine roaring. It must be Alex. I grasped the hand towel hanging on the hook and wiped my face. Noticing my pale lips, I bit them. The blood will make them less pale. Grabbing the door open, I dashed out in the threshold to the main door of the house, ignoring Robert who was on the stairs and Kiran who was sweeping the hallway.

"Hannah!" Alex called out for me.

Opening the main door. "Alex..." I was speechless. Tears were about to brimmed my eyes again. He was here. He was indeed in front of my eyes. I darted down pavement and jumped into his arms.

"Shit!" Alex hugged me back, swinging me about.

I was both grateful and thankful to have a friend like him

I was both grateful and thankful to have a friend like him. He was precious. My precious friend.

Alex, you have no idea how I love you right now.

👉💚💙💛❤💜👈

HOWDY

What do you think?

Rooting for Team Alex now?

Do you have a friend who is by your side when in need of help?

Do any of you girls as a guy as your best friend or vice versa?

Unedited. Point out. Irrational. Mistakes.
Love Y'all,
SWEETANGELX 😘

 Love Y'all, SWEETANGELX 😘