♧Chapter 2 : Job Interview ♧

Chapter 2: Job Interview

"Don't let worry take your mind away from you."

Hannah Charles

Is this the right place?

I kept wondering if the address on my phone was the exact one because in front of my eyes was an abandon building which looked very filthy and lifeless - a building that zombies would prefer to live in. I shuddered at the thought.

I drove around the building to see if I got the street name correctly.

It's right. The address indicates to this abandon building. Should I go in? Will it be safe? Is there anything illegal in it?  I mumbled to myself doubting the choice I was about to make.

I took a turn and drove immediately into the parking lot. As I was driving in, I saw a few branded cars were parked in the middle and a few others on the side. So, it wasn't as abandoned as I initially thought. The presence of the cars made me feel a little relax. At least, it wasn't the zombies' residence; I would definitely die if it was unless zombies owned expensive vehicles.

Looking for an empty parking space, I spotted one and parked my beat-up red Honda. I turned off the ignition. Before pushing the door open, I stared at the mirror for a few seconds. Satisfied with the way I looked, I stepped out, walking straight ahead.

I peered right and left to see which way I should go until my eyes caught a sign that said:

'Job Interview level 4'

I looked at the arrow - it pointed to the left. I marched over there while unzipping my bag to keep my keys. Suddenly, my body hit something hard. It caused me to stumble a few steps backwards. Freaking tarts! I cussed as I was about to lose my balance. Soon after, my butt hit the ground. I groaned in pain, caressing my poor butt.

"Fuck! Can't you watch where you're going?" A pair of firm hands gripped my forearms and lifted me off the ground.

My gaze settled on a pair of black leather shoes as I steadied myself on the cemented floor.

"Are you OK?" A strong male scent invaded my nose.

Stranger alert but I had to admit, he smelled good. Thoughts apart, I needed to get inside the elevator before he decided to do anything to me. I was alone in the zombie building with god knew who.

"Woman, are you deaf?" The stranger muttered huskily. I nodded my head and then shook it. My gaze was still fixed on the ground; I didn't dare to make eye contact.

What if I see something I shouldn't see? Perhaps a man in a mask or a man with a gun.

He squeezed my arms and panicked washed through me. I yelped,  "How dare you touch me?"

"Touch you? I was fucking giving you a hand."

"I didn't ask for your freaking help. Now get out of my way, bastard."

What's wrong with me today? I'm cussing too much.

I shoved his hands off me and sprinted towards the elevator. I nudged the go up button. Instantly, it sprung opened. I jumped in without giving a second glance.

"Wait." The stranger shouted. I quickly closed the door before he got the chance to kill me.

I prayed silently for my safety in the elevator, glad to lose the stranger who dared to touch me. I was sure I didn't see anyone when I was coming out of the car. Then, how the freaking tarts did he appear out of nowhere? Was he hiding to attack me? The ting sound of the elevator broke my state of panic. I glanced at the digital display; an orange number 4 indicated which level I was. The elevator stopped, the door bounced open. What I saw in front of me made my jaw drop an inch. Standing frozen, my mind lost the image of the stranger in the car-park and concentrated of what was in the building. I blinked once, then twice before stepping out.