22✨

It had been two days since haechan had left her with them. They were peacefully eating their breakfast. She was all giggly talking with jungwoo and xiaojun. Slowly starting to merge in she felt happy and not alone anymore.

Taeyong suddenly barged in calling everyone for a meeting. "Should I come too??" She asked feeling a anxious all of a sudden. Doubting that something is wrong.

"Yes" taeyong said blankly as he left. She hadn't seen him like this. Just like haechan had said when required they change.

"We might be under attack" he said as a commotion commenced. Unable to understand anything that's happening she stood there dumbstruck.

"Silence" taeyong said as he hushed everyone."What do you mean by maybe under attack" jaehyun said as he gathered all his courage to question.

"This morning haechan called me" exhaling a long breath he continued.
___________________________________

"Haechan we need to talk" Renjun barged in startling the boy.

"What" he said seeing the boys serious face. "I haven't said something yet." He said starting to regret the decision. But there was no going back he has to say it.

Seeing the boy getting tensed up haechan softened. "Don't be scared I won't scold you. Tell" he said as he saw Renjun figure losen up a bit on his words.

With a deep breath he started .

"I know hoshi" Renjun said voice slightly trembling. Haechan just stared at him allowing him to speak. "We were best friends...not just friends he was my everything once and so was I for hin.

We relaid on each other for most of the things. Though we shared everything he kept a secret from me. He never told me he was part of a gang. That too the best of that time.

But even though I found out after sometime about it I forgave him for not telling me. I knew he had his own reasons. He even introduce me to his members. I really felt that I finally found my family.

But that happiness didn't last long. It was the last day of school leaving us for our summer break. We bid our goodbyes. But the thing I never knew was that it would be the last time and that I was about to lose him forever."

He said as tears threatened to fall off his eyes. Chenle kept his hand on his shoulder to comfort him. He took a long breath as he continued.

"Later I found out his group disappeared without any trace. Including him. He left school. It was as if he never existed. Feeling furious i searched for him everywhere. I risked everything as I didn't wanna lose my only friend.

I found out they were taken down by a group. A rookie one that too. I never found out which. But I'm sure you will be able to find it. The rookie group took them down completely. I never expected to see him again. When you showed his pic the other day I was dazed.

The reason you people found out less information under seventeen was because their name wasnt even seventeen. Their group was called "CARAT". So if you search under carat I'm sure Chenle can find something.

Once they disappeared the rookie group created them a new profile called seventeen just in case they don't get suspicious

It was as if they possessed everyone. Everyone forgot that there was a group called carats. Just like the Mandela's effect. Everyone remember carats as seventeen.

After I joined NCT I felt I should leave my past behind and make this a new beginning. But I never thought it would haunt me." He said unable to control his emotions a tear rolled down his cheeks.

"Well it's not like I'm not angry on you. Infact I'm really angry on you now for not letting me know about this before. But I understand you got your own reasons for not saying. Wel thanks for saying it atleast now" haechan said.

"I'm sorry" Renjun said as his head hung low. "Don't be. Now get back to work we got a big lead. Chenle find everything you can on carat and that rookie group and call jeno and jaemin on your way back we need to let them know" he said as furiously started typing.

"Yes sir" they both bowed as they left the room.
_________________________________

"How does this become a threat for us ??" Jaehyun asked as taeyong explained everything Haechan had told him.

"He didn't explain fully he just told me Renjuns part of story. He just told us to stay alert. A warning. We have to stay close not leaving the house after 8. Always have a member with you wherever you go especially you Cho hee" she nodded her head attentively listening to every word they were saying.

"Dream would be coming here tomorrow. We thought it will be the best if we stay together and he also told he will explain the rest once he reaches here. Now I want everyone to have a good rest today as we are getting back in business tomorrow. Meeting dissmissed." He said as everyone left the room.

Cho hee deep in her thoughts not realising that every had left. "You need anything" taeyong asked bring her out of her thoughts "hm? Ooh nope...um I'm sorry I just got carried away I'll leave now" she said as she bowed.

"Wait I need to have a talk with you" he said as he indicated jaehyun to leave the room. "Who me??" She asked doubtfully pointing herself. "Yes you I'm pretty no one else in the room" he said as she realised that they were the only people even jaehyun had left.

"Yes uh what is it??" She said as she stood straight. "It's just I'm sorry on behalf of haechan." He said as she looked at him bewildered. "Why do all of them keep telling me sorry. What have you people done to keep telling me sorry??" She asked.

"It's because of his stupidity you are stuck here in pretty sure you want to get back to your old life. It's cus of our mistake you got stuck in this" he said.

"Haaa....okay lemme get one thing straight it's not your fault or anyones in that case. If someone is at fault it will be me. It was my decision to help them that night I could have easily chased them out or called the cops. So don't you dare put the blame on anyone or yourself and don't apologise on behalf of him he already apologised" she said.

"Secondly if you think I wanna get back to my old heck no...I freaking don't wanna get back to that shitty life. If I come to think of it my life's been pretty good for the past month. I'm happy. So don't you dare apologise." She said as he looked at her.

"Now what are you looking at. Is there something on my face??" She said as touched her face to feel if anything was on her face which kept him staring.

"You are one of a kind Cho hee ..I mean ...ha now I get why haechan likes you" "Haechan what" she asked confused doubting her own ears not believing what her ears just heard. "I mean...uh I meant haechan pa-praises you you know he praises you a lot hehe yea" hating himself for stuttering. "Now that's what I wanted to tell you you can leave" he said. Still not believing her ears or what he said to cover she straight went towards the door leaving the room.

"Aaa taeyong what have you done your weren't supposed to say that idiot your gonna be dead if haechan find this out" he said as he kept hitting his head on the table.