𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐚 𝗺𝐮𝗺𝗺𝐲 𝐨𝐧 𝗺𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭{𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐚 𝗺𝐮𝗺𝗺𝐲 𝐨𝐧 𝗺𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭
{𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}

"Dr. Saltzman, this van is very... white of you." Kaleb said awkwardly, trying to diffuse some of the tension in the van.

The van was surprisingly huge. Lizzie,Hope, and Josie all sat behind Alaric and Kaleb. Evelyn, Charlotte, and Alexandra sat in the third row with Emma and Dorian behind them. "It's retro." Alaric hums.

"It's a gas-guzzling atrocity on wheels." Lizzie snapped, annoyed she had to sit by Hope.

Hope sighed as she sat up. "I brought snacks." She said, placing the large bag in her lap.

"Oh, sweet. Did you pack them before or after you decided to FOMO your way onto our trip?" Lizzie asked her coldly.

Hope raised her brows, "Like I'm gonna let you guys chase monsters without me?"

"I wouldn't thought you wanted to spend the break canoodling with your hipster boyfriend." Lizzie glared at her.

Hope rolled her eyes, she hadn't told anyone her and Charlotte were together and Landon was just her friend, Lizzie would probably set her on fire if she knew. "Sorry for wanting to protect the outside world from my mistakes." She snapped. "And Evie was invited."

"Because Evie is friends with Lottie and Xandra and a lot nicer than you." Lizzie snapped.

"Really feeling the love here." Evelyn smiled falsely.

"You know, there's currently an urn on a river cruise spreading plagues across America because I thought a unicorn was cute." Hope said.

"It's called accountability. Maybe there's a bracelet for it." Evelyn told her.

Lizzie scoffed, "Or maybe you just wanted to ruin yet another Saltzman spring break."

"When have I ever ruined a spring break?" Hope asked.

"Girls?" Alaric called out, "We're gonna be in this classic automobile for six hours, all right? So, no bickering."

"It would help if it wasn't a thousand degrees in here. I'm burning up." Hope complained.

Lizzie looked over at her, "You're burning up. Now, that's ironic." She chuckled.

"What does that even mean?" Hope asked in confusion.

"Don't play dumb." Lizzie frowned at her, "I see you. I see right through you."