𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝗺𝐞𝗺𝐛𝐞𝐫{𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝗺𝐞𝗺𝐛𝐞𝐫
{𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}

"What are you doing here?" Freya Mikaelson asked, walking up to the table Evelyn and Josie were sitting at.

"We need your help." Evelyn responded shortly, standing up to hug her aunt before they both sat down.

"And how old are you claiming to be?" Freya questioned them both.

"21...ish." Josie blurted out.

"Mm. Relax. It's called "the Big Easy" for a reason." Freya said, smiling softly at the young girl.

"I'm Josie. I'm a student at the Salvatore School with Evie." Josie told her.

"Yeah, My wife's got an eye on it for
our son. Plus, before I met my family, they had
some interesting adventures there." Freya said to her.

"Listen, we kind of need your help. There's this spell that we're kind of trying to reverse engineer." Evelyn explained.

"I'm sure one of your teachers can help you with that." Freya told her, standing up and moving to leave.

"An ancient Japanese black magic purge spell?" Josie asked, stopping Freya in her tracks.

"Those aren't the kind of spells school kids should be messing with. You should go home." Freya said, turning back around.

"Wait. You have photos in your home of someone you don't recognize. Feels like you should know them, but you don't?" Evelyn said, stopping Freya again.

"How did you know that?" Freya asked her.

"We've all forgotten people. It doesn't matter what we say. The spell that we need is the only way that you're gonna remember for yourself." Evelyn informed her.

༄༄༄

"Harae-tamai Kioku Yomigaerashi-tamae. In the spell, conviction matters. You need to be clear of mind and purpose. If not, instead of purging the supernatural influence in the mind, you'll end up solidifying it, making it permanent," Freya explained to the two girls.

"Is that as bad as it sounds?" Josie asked.

"You'd erase the very memories you're trying to
bring back. How did you even find this spell?" Freya asked her.

"I siphoned it from an ancient sword to save my sister's life? Weird story short, I read in this diary how it returned all of her memories somehow." Josie explained.

"Hmm. Magic and privacy don't mix well. That's my wife," Freya explained as her phone rang, she continued with, "She's on Nik duty tonight, our kid. Excuse me."

Josie and Evelyn stood up from their spots at the bar, while Freya walked away as she was on the phone. She ended up at a wall of pictures, where the Mikaelsons had placed pictures of their lost loved ones. However, one picture peaked her interest, in the picture Freya was seen hugging Hope, with big smiles on both their faces.

"Who is she? I knew you were hiding something from me. So tell me, how is it we both forgot the same person? And if you didn't tell me that to begin with, I can only assume it's because you haven't decided what you're going to do with that spell. Have you? Who is that girl?" Freya asked as she approached Josie and Evelyn, who were both staring intently at the photo of Freya and Hope.

Instead of responding, Evelyn made a split second decision and turned, blasting Freya with the spell, knocking her back into a table causing the older witch to be knocked unconscious. "Harae-tamai
KiokuYomigaerashi-tamae!" Evelyn had chanted.

Without another word or glance at Freya, Josie and Evelyn quickly packed up their stuff and took off.

༄༄༄

Evelyn and Josie were now walking down the streets of New Orleans, while Evelyn was on the phone with her mother. "Hey, mom. I need some advice."

"Okay, about what?" Hayley questioned.

"I have something really important I need to do, but I'm scared it will hurt people I really care about and I don't know what to do." Evelyn informed her, biting her lip as the situation finally dawned on her, Josie grabbing her hand in support from beside her.

"Evelyn, listen to me very carefully. You are the strongest girl I have ever met, you have been through more at your age than your father went through in a thousand years. Sometimes, doing the right thing causes other people pain. But, you do it anyway because it is the right thing to do, and your entire life you have always done the right thing, even if it hurt people. So, whatever you decide I know it will be the right thing." Hayley told her daughter.

"Thank you, mom." Evelyn smiled. "I love you."

"I love you too, baby." Hayley responded, the two hanging up the phone soon after.

"What did she say?" Josie asked, looking over at the girl beside her.

"Exactly what I needed to hear." Evelyn replied.

"And what was that?" Josie asked curiously.

"That we need to save the day, Mikaelson style." Evelyn responded, grabbing Josie's hand and pulling her along with her.

༄༄༄

"Okay, um, I accidentally killed your hamster." Lizzie blurred out. "I siphoned off you to cheat on finals."

"What?" Hope asked in shock.

"And I actually think you're kind of cool." Lizzie admitted.

The monster released a loud screech, "Okay, it's not working. It's not gonna stop until everyone knows the secret we've been keeping from them: that I'm back." Hope said.

"We're back, too." Josie said, the two girls intertwining their hands while Josie siphoned magic off of Evelyn and the two chanted. "Harae-tamai Kioku Yomigaerashi-tamae!" The two girls casted the spell, knocking the four girls back.

༄༄༄

Hope Mikaelson was sitting at her own table when her name was suddenly called from behind her. "Hope?"

She turned and saw both her parents standing there, "Mom? Dad?" Both her parents gave small nods, and that was all Hope needed to exit her seat and quickly wrap her arms around both her parents.

After a moment, all three pulled away as Klaus whispered. "My little wolf." The three wrapped their arms back around each other soon after, holding each other tightly.