𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝{𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐮𝐧𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝
{𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}

Today was the cross county run and unfortunately all the students, including Evelyn, were forced to participate.

Evelyn was doing some stretches when she felt eyes on her, she looked up only to make direct eye contact with one of the twins. She titled her head at the boy before coach blew his whistle, everyone taking off running. "Pace yourselves! Come on!"

Evelyn knew she could probably out run just about everyone person in the class but she decided not to show off just yet, she stayed at the front until the twins and Issac all past her.

Before she realized what she was doing, she began following after the three boys, keeping a safe distance so they didn't notice her. She paused and hid behind a tree, watching as Isaac stopped and looked around him in confusion, the twins nowhere in sight.

Issac was suddenly thrown down the hill, the twins dragging him up by the arms and holding him in place. "Ethan, I always forget, how many bones in the human body?" One of the twins asked the other.

"I don't know." Ethan responded, "Let's count." He was abruptly punched across the face, falling backwards. "That's one." Scott said, Aiden growling at him. All four boys flicked out their claws, flashing their eyes as they growled at each other, they looked to be ready to kick each other's asses until a scream sounded throughout the woods.

Evelyn walked backwards slowly before any of the boys could spot her, taking off running towards where the scream had come from. She paused in her tracks when she saw a dead body tied against a tree by the neck, eyes widening in shock. She wasn't afraid of the sight, she had seen worse, hell she had done worse but it was still shocking to see.

The Sheriff came storming up to the sigh, "Back up! Everybody back! Get these kids out of here!" A girl ran towards the body but was held back by a deputy as she cried out the boys name, the boy obviously having meant something to her.

She needed to take a second to process exactly what she had seen, she turned and began to walk away from the sight when a hand was placed on her arm, the girl jumping. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." Scott said, "You just looked to be having a moment there, we wanted to see if you were okay." Issac added, looking at the girl in concern. "You're Evie, right?"

"Yeah, yeah, that's me." Evelyn nodded, trying to calm her heart rate. "And I'm fine, it was just shocking to see that."

"Yeah, I'm sure." Stiles piped up from beside Issac, Evelyn shifting her eyes to him as Issac punched him in the shoulder. "Shut up, Stiles."

"Hey, we won't let that happen to you, you have nothing to worry about, I promise." Scott reassured her, giving her shoulder a gentle squeeze as Issac nodded in agreement.

"Thank you both." Evelyn said, smiling at the three boys before walking away from them.

༄༄༄

Evelyn was broken from her daydream by Ms. Morrell sitting down in front of her. "You're starting to concern me, Ms. Mikaelson. Do we need to have a chat in the guidance's office?"

"If I wanted to talk about my feelings, Ms. Morrell, I would call my therapist." Evelyn sighed, picking up her books.

"Mm, looks like we have a situation here." Morrell said, Evelyn looking at her in confusion. "Give me the French word for it that's the same in English, and you can avoid lunchtime detention....Impasse."

༄༄༄

It was now lunchtime detention, all the other groups had already been assigned to their tasks and only Issac and Evelyn were left.

"The two of you, will be restocking the janitors closet." Mr. Harris told them.

Issac looked back at the brunette briefly as she stood up, him following her out of the classroom. They walked to the janitors closet and began stocking it in silence. They stayed that way for a few moments until Evelyn heard Issac's irregular heartbeat and the way he glanced back at the door every now and then.

"Are you okay?" Evelyn spoke up, looking at the boy in both curiosity and concern.

"Fine." Issac nodded, glancing over at the girl briefly. "Not a big fan of small spaces, though."

"It'll be fine, we'll just make sure the door stays open." Evelyn shrugged, smiling reassuringly at the boy.

Almost comically, the door slammed shut right after the words left her lips. Both their heads snapped over to it, Issac walking over to it.

"It's locked." Evelyn said, Issac shaking his head as he pushed against the door. "No, there's something against it."

Issac suddenly began screaming as he banged at the door, Evelyn backing away from him. "Issac?"

He stopped banging against the door when she spoke, turning his head towards her slowly, only he was different, his eyes were glowing and his canines were out. "Issac." Evelyn said both worriedly and warily. "Don't."

He ignored the brunette and grabbed her by the arms, slamming her back against the shelf as she fought desperately against his hold. She truthfully didn't want to hurt the boy but she wasn't about to let herself get killed because of her kind heart.

However, before she could make a move the door was open and Issac was thrown off of her and out of the room. Scott looked at her in concern for a moment before bending down beside Issac, placing a hand on the boy's chest before roaring his name.

Evelyn slowly exited the janitors closet, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath in an attempt to slow down her heart rate. "Are you alright?" Scott asked her worriedly.

She simply stared at the boy, not giving him a proper response. "I'm sorry...I didn't, I didn't mean to do that." Issac apologized, running a hand through his hair.

"Evie, did he hurt you?" Scott asked, the girl exhaling a breath before responding. "No, no he didn't. I-I'm alright."

Scott stood up and walked towards the girl, looking at her in genuine concern. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah." Evelyn said, nodding shakily. "I just..I need some air." She walked past the two boys and down the hallway, one looking after her worriedly and the other regretfully.

༄༄༄

𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞: Scott will explain everything in the next chapter, it was supposed to be in this one but I got lazy and you guys deserved an update:)