𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐲{𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}

𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐲
{𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}

Evelyn and Stiles were in Derek's loft with Cora, keeping her focus on her as she told them a story. "They were there for two days. Waiting and hiding. That's what we're taught to do when the hunters find us. Hide and Heal."

"Okay, so is two days standard then?" Stiles asked Cora. "Or are we thinking Derek's on, like, some extended getaway?"

Cora turned back to face them, "Why do you care?"

"Why do I care? Let's see, because of the last few weeks, my bestfriend's tried to kill himself, his boss nearly got ritually sacrificed, a girl that I've known since I was three was ritually sacrificed. Boyd was killed by Alphas." Stiles ranted, "You want me to keep going? Cause I can, all right? For, like, an hour."

"You think Derek can do anything about that?" Cora asked him.

"Well, he seems to be the one everyone's after, I understand he's going through something but a lot of people need his help." Evelyn spoke up softly.

"I don't know." Cora said, "There's something different about him now. He wasn't like this when I knew him."

"What was he like?" Stiles asked, a voice from the stairs responding. "A lot like Scott, actually. A lot like most teenagers. Unbearably romantic, profoundly narcissistic...Tolerable really only to other teenagers."

"Who's that?" Evelyn whispered the question to Stiles.

"That's Peter Hale." Stiles responded, "The one that turned Scott."

"Ah, the one that everyone hates." Evelyn nodded, Peter glaring as he listened to their conversation.

"Alright, so what happened?" Stiles questioned, "What changed him?"

Peter looked over at the human boy, "Well, the same thing that changes a lot of young men. A girl."

"You're telling me some girl broke his little heart?" Stiles asked him, "That's why Derek is the way he is?"

"Do you remember Derek before he was an alpha had blue eyes?" Peter asked, "Do you know why some wolves have blue eyes?"

"I just always thought it was, like, a genetic thing." Stiles responded to the question.

"If you want to know what changed Derek, you need to know what changed the color of his eyes." Peter told them, staring off into the distance as if he was recalling a memory.