𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝{𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝
{𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}

Evelyn looked down at Stiles's phone as he and Scott showed her and Allison what they had found the night before. "Here's where we found the den. It's right in the middle of the hiking trails."

Allison nodded in understanding, "Well, that could narrow it down. Coyotes travel in fixed trails. But I think you're right about her not going back to the den. Coyotes don't like wolves. And they're really smart. If they don't want to be heard, they actually walk on their toes."

"Coyotes tip-toe?" Stiles asked, perking his head up.

"They tip-toe." Allison confirmed, rolling her eyes. The bell for first period rang, "I got to go, but send me the pinned location."

The three nodded at her, taking their seats. "All right, everyone. Let's get started." Mr. Yukimara told the class. "We were just talking about internment camps and prisoners of war. There's a passage in our reading that I'd like to go over in more detail. Who would like to come up and read aloud for us. Mr. Stilinski, how about you?"

"Oh, maybe someone else could." Stiles tried, Mr. Yukimara nodding. "Everyone participates in my class, Mr. Stilinski."

Evelyn and Scott watched the boy stand from his seat and walk up to the podium. He started the shake and shut his eyes tightly, his breathing increasing as his friends slowly stood from their seats. "We should take him to the nurses office." Scott told Mr. Yukimara, the man nodding as Evelyn and Scott quickly guided the human boy out.

Stiles bursted through the locker room door, his friends quickly following behind him. Evelyn spoke urgently to the boy, "Hey, Stiles, look at me. Are you having another panic attack?"

"It's a dream." Stiles muttered to himself, "It's a dream. This is just a dream."

Scott shook his head, "No, it's not. This is real. You're here. You're here with us."

"Okay, okay." Evelyn mumbled, "What do you do? Stiles, look at me. How do you tell if it's a dream or reality?"

"Your fingers." Stiles breathed shakily, his focus on his hands. "You count your fingers. You have extra fingers in dreams."

Scott nodded, holding up his hands. "How many do I have? Hey! Look at me. Come on, Stiles. Look at my hands and count with me."

"One...two." Stiles panted, counting slowly. "Keep going." Scott encouraged. "Three...four...five...six...seven...eight...nine...ten."