𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡{𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡
{𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}

The pack were all standing in front of the school, Lydia had called them and told them all to come her so they did. "It's the same thing, same thing as the pool. I got into the car heading somewhere totally different, and ended up here...And you told me to call you if there's a dead body."

"You found a dead body?" Stiles asked incredulously. "Not yet..." Lydia responded.

"Not yet?" Stiles asked in exasperation. "What do you mean, "not yet?" Lydia, you're supposed to call us after you find the dead body."

Lydia scoffed at the boy's words. "Oh, no. I'm not doing that again. You find the dead body from now on."

"How are we supposed to find the dead body?" Stiles asked. "You're always the one finding the dead body!"

"Guys...?" Evelyn called out, looking over at the high school sign. "I found the dead body."

༄༄༄

"Idioms, analogies, metaphors, and similes..." Ms. Blake said as she walked around the room. "All tools the writer uses to tell their story." She looked down at Lydia's drawing of a tree, "Lydia, I wasn't aware you had so many hidden talents...?"

"You and every guy I've ever dated." Lydia said sarcastically as Evelyn snorted into her hand.

"Oh." Ms. Blake said awkwardly. "Um, well, that was an idiom, by the way. Idioms are something of a secret to the people who know the language or the culture. They're phrases that only make sense if you know key words. Saying "jump the gun" is meaningful only if you know about the starting gun in a race. Or, a phrase like, "seeing the whole board."

"Like chess." Stiles muttered absentmindedly, unintentionally catching Ms. Blake's attention. "That's right, Stiles. Do you play?"

"Uh, no. My father does." Stiles responded, Ms. Blake nodding. "Now, when does an idiom become a cliche...?"

Scott turned around the talk to the two teens who were sitting behind him, "I think I can get to Ethan. I'm pretty sure I can make him talk."

"Why could you possibly want to do that for?" Evelyn asked, raising a brow at the boy in question.

"The Druids are Emissaries, right? So, what if the Darach was an emissary to Alpha's?" Scott asked them.

"Okay, first of all, I cannot believe we've gotten to the point where a sentence like, "What if the Darach was an Emissary to the Alphas?" actually makes sense to me." Stiles said, slightly overwhelmed with everything going on. "Second of all, we're gonna have a huge problem getting to Ethan."