𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐬, 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚{𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨
𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐬, 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚
{𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}

Evelyn Mikaelson needed a fresh start. Not a move out of the school, go to Mystic Falls High again fresh start, she needed to get out of Mystic Falls in general.

So that's exactly what she did. She chose a random place on the map, grabbed Kai and left. Well she told everyone and said her goodbyes first but that's beside the point.

Both she and Kai moved into a house that Evelyn bought in a secluded area of Beacon Hills, California. They had spent the first few weeks moving in and getting used to the new area but today was Evelyn's first day of school.

She walked down the steps of their house and to the kitchen where Kai was sitting at their kitchen island, eating a bowl of cereal. "I need to get to school, are you cool staying here for the day?" Evelyn asked, opening up the fridge and grabbing a water.

"Sure." Kai shrugged, "Might go out for bite, you know, eat a few townies."

Evelyn sighed, closing her eyes and shaking her head at the man. "Whatever, just don't leave any evidence behind, we don't need any more drama."

"And don't kill anyone." She added as an afterthought before grabbing her bag off a chair, hoisting it over her shoulder as she walked towards the front door and exited the house.

༄༄༄

The drive to school only took about twenty five minutes, she parked her white jeep next to two identical motorcycles and making her way inside the school.

As she walked down the hallway, she wasn't paying attention to where she was going and bumped into two girls, one a redhead and the other a brunette. "Oh, I'm so sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going."

"It's alright." The brunette said with a kind smile before sticking out her hand in greeting. "I'm Allison. This is Lydia."

"I'm Evelyn." Evelyn said back, shaking the girls hand before dropping it. "But you can call me Evie."

"You look so familiar, have we met before?" Lydia asked, looking at the girl curiously.

"Uh, no, I don't know think so." Evelyn responded, shaking her head gently at the girl. "Um, do you happen to know where the principal's office is? I've been looking for like ten minutes."

"Yeah, it's the first door on your left." Allison informed her, pointing in that direction.

"Okay, thank you." Evelyn said, smiling at both girls. "Thanks for your help, and it was nice meeting you both."

"You too." They both said before she turned and made her way to the office, following the directions Allison gave her.

༄༄༄

Evelyn walked into the classroom, taking a seat behind a brunette boy and near Lydia. She watched Allison and a tan skinned boy go back and forth with each other for a moment, the brunette giving the boy a thumbs up before all their phones began ringing.

"The offing was barred by a black bank of clouds and the tranquil waterway." A teacher walking into the room began. "Leading to the uttermost ends of the earth flowed somber under an overcast sky, seemed to lead into the heart of an immense darkness. This is the last line to the first book we are going to read. It is also the last text you will receive in this class. Phones off, everyone."

The teacher had them doing notes for awhile until another teacher came in and whispered something in her ear, "Mr. McCall." She said, gesturing the boy over. Scott gathered his things before standing up and exiting the classroom.

Evelyn didn't bother listening in on the conversation, knowing it was none of her business.

A few minutes later, the whole class jumped when a bird hit the window, leaving a red spot behind. Ms. Blake walked over to the window slowly, only to see about a thousand birds coming their way. Everything was fine until the birds starting crashing through the windows, "Get down, everyone!"

Evelyn instantly ducked under her desk, shielding herself with her arms as the birds sliced at her jacket. "Get down! Get down!" Ms. Blake yelled out in warning.

The chaos went on for a few minutes until it all slowly calmed down. All the students slowly stood up as Evelyn got out from under the desk, looking around at the mess that was made. What the hell was going on in this town?

"Hey, you alright?" The girl from earlier, Allison, walked over and asked, looking at her in concern.

"I'm fine." Evelyn nodded with a soft and reassuring smile.

Evelyn looked away from the girl when she heard a voice call out her name. "Evelyn?!"

"Kai?" Evelyn asked in confusion as the man walked over to her. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"I got a call about the attack of the birds on your class." Kai explained, Evelyn sighing at the man. "I-Okay."

"So, let's get you out of here." Kai said, helping Evelyn stand up and guiding her out of the classroom.

༄༄༄

"What about 𝘩𝘦𝘳?" Braeden blurted out the question just as Deucalion raising his hand to claw her, the man pausing. "Evelyn. When she figures out everything going on in this town, she won't stay out of it. She's a Mikaelson, she'll beat you."

"Oh, don't worry." Deucalion said, a smirk pulling at his lips. "I have a plan for Miss Mikaelson." He brought his hand down and clawed her throat.