𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐤𝐚𝐢 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐬 {𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱
𝐤𝐚𝐢 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐬
{𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}

"You lied to me?" Lizzie asked, "You told me that Sebastian chose to leave the school."

"I said he made his choice. He refused to respect our rules." Alaric told them, "So you sent him here?" Lizzie asked in exasperation.

"He had help. There was a witch who did the spell." Sebastian spoke up, sitting in a chair in the corner of the room as Evelyn stood beside him, him fiddling with her hand. "Dark hair, kind eyes. Amazing accent."

Josie looked back at her father, "Emma."

"How could you, Dad?" Lizzie asked angrily. "You can yell at me after we arm ourselves." Alaric told them.

"Dad, why do we need weapons so bad?" Josie asked, Alaric turning back towards her. "All you need to know is that we're in danger, and we need to find a way out now."

Sebastian vamp sped towards Alaric, pulling Evelyn along with him. "We're in a new world now. Perhaps you are no longer the one in charge." Alaric suddenly shoved a stake in Sebastian's gut as both Lizzie and Evelyn gasped in horror, Evelyn kneeling down beside him. "Oh, my god, Sebastian."

"To be clear, my daughters, Evelyn, and I are leaving, you are staying behind and yes, I am in charge." Alaric said, looking back at the three girls briefly before leaving the room.

Josie grabbed Evelyn by the arm and pulled her along to follow after her father. "Dad, this is about Uncle Kai, isn't it?" Evelyn took a deep breath in at the man's name. "That's why you're so worried? I know this has to be hard for you, but you said he was desiccated."

"You don't know what he's capable of." Alaric told them, "And until I'm positive no one's set him free, I'm not taking any chances."

"Alaric, who could have possibly set him free?" Evelyn asked as he grabbed a crossbow from under the table.

"I'll explain all that later." Alaric replied, "Right now, I need the two of you to go to the meadow, get the Sandclock before anyone else finds it. Then I need you to come back here and hide. And stay hidden."

He grabbed the bag of weapons and went to walk out, pausing when Josie spoke again. "Dad, this is all my fault. If I hadn't done black magic in the first place, we'd of never been in this mess."

"We all make mistakes." Alaric said simply before walking out, knowing the girl was right.

"This is really, really bad." Josie whispered, "I can't believe I caused all of this."