𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬{𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}

𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬
{𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}

Ms. Blake dropped a book down on the desk, "Good morning. As you all know, Mr. Harris is still missing. I mean, sick. Anyway, I'm filling in while we all hope and pray for a more qualified substitute to take my place. Okay. So, let's get started, shall we?"

Evelyn was broken from her thoughts by the sound of a phone ringing, she looked over at Scott's desk to see him on the phone with his head behind the desk.

"Doc, Doc, Doc, Doc, what's happening?" Scott asked worriedly with panic in his voice. He looked up and made eye contact with Evelyn, nodding over to the door.

She got the message as they both exited their seats, running out of the classroom as both Stiles and Ms. Blake called out for them.

༄༄༄

They raced into the animal clinic only to come face to face with Sheriff Stilinski and a deputy. "How'd you know?" Scott asked.

"Stiles called me as soon as you both left school." Stilinski told them. "I'm sorry. Your boss's car is still here and the back door was wide open."

Scott stumbled back into a seat behind them, still in shock. Deaton was like a father figure to him so knowing that he could potentially be sacrificed was scary. "Scott." Stilinski said, "I need you to tell me everything."

About an hour later, Evelyn and Stiles were standing side by side while Scott was sitting down, jumping when Stilinski placed a hand on his shoulder. "All right, we're gonna do everything we can. Right now, the best thing you can do is go back to school."

Scott stood up and led Evelyn and Stiles over to a room, closing the door so they couldn't be overheard. "We have to tell him."

"You mean like, "tell him" tell him?" Stiles asked, "Or tell him something else that isn't telling him what I think you want me to tell him?"

"You know what I mean." Scott said, sighing at his best friend.

"You remember how your mom reacted? She didn't look you in the eye for, like, a week." Stiles said,

"And she got over it." Scott told him. "And it actually made us closer."

"Plus, Stiles you're still a human, so that could bring just a little comfort." Evelyn spoke up, the boys glancing over at her.

"I don't know, dude. I mean, look at him. Come on, he's completely overwhelmed as it is." Stiles said, looking over at his father.