𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐰 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫{𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲
𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐰 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞
𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫
{𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}

Evelyn woke up from her dream with a sharp gasp, breathing heavily. She kept dreaming of this man murdering this family, but there was something about it. Like the man enjoyed what he was doing, but his eyes were cold and emotionless. It was like someone was showing her their darkest memories, and before she woke up, the man looked her in the eyes and said. "I'll find you eventually, Evelyn."

Evelyn rolled over and fell back asleep, but as soon as she did she saw the man again. It was like someone was warning her about him, warning her that he was coming. Only in this dream, it was of two women, obviously with a mother and her daughter, and it seemed as if the daughter had just given birth seeing as she was holding a baby in her arms.

"I can't, Mom." The woman sobbed, clearly distressed. "I shouldn't have slept with him again, if he finds out about her he'll kill me and she will never be safe."

"You made a choice, sweetheart." The mother said, "You have to own up to it." The woman turned and left, not staying to comfort her child like a mother normally would.

"Oh my sweet girl." The woman calmed down slightly, staring down at the child in her arms. "What should I name you?" The woman seemed to think for a moment before choosing a name. "Evelyn." She breathed. "Evelyn Martin."

Despite herself, Evelyn couldn't help but freeze slightly at the name. And when she looked a little closer, the woman looked like a younger version of her biological mother, Brianna Martin. This must have been when her mother first gave birth to her, and the man she was so afraid of was her father.

Except, Evelyn didn't know why she was seeing this now. She knew who her biological father was for months, so why was she seeing this now? Who was warning her and why?

༄༄༄

𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐏:

Evelyn was walking down the halls of the Salvatore School, fully preparing to leave only to pause when a voice said her name from behind her. "Evie?" Rafael said.

"Oh, hi." Evelyn said in surprise, sending the boy a smile.

"What are you doing here?" Rafael questioned her.

"Um... it's a long story." Evelyn shook her head, tucking a stray piece of hair behind her ear. "Anyway, how are you doing? Back to your old self yet?"

"Uh, I-I'm getting there." Rafael told her hesitantly, "What about you, how are you doing?"

"I'm good." Evelyn responded, rocking on her feet. "Wanna dance?" Rafael asked suddenly, remembering that there was currently a party going on. "Sure." Evelyn laughed. "Why not?" The two entered the main hall where a slow song was now playing, making their way to the dance floor and wrapping their arms around each other.

༄༄༄

𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿'𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗲: the chapter turned out to be really short seeing as its mainly a filler and because I didn't want Evelyn to know about Sebastian yet and the rest of the episode was centered around Hope, Lizzie, Josie, and Landon.