𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐲

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐝{𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐲
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐝
{𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}

Evelyn couldn't describe the feeling of vampirism. But she did know it was the only thing in the world she never wanted to happen to her. She believed that when her time came, she would die and that was that.

But now? Now she was forced to live with an eternal hunger, cursed to watch everyone she cares about die around her while she lives. Unable to hear her own heartbeat hurt in a way the girl couldn't describe.

༄༄༄

"I'd like to volunteer a different method of persuasion..." Evelyn heard Peter say as she walked up to a hospital room, "Let's torture her."

"Works for me." Derek commented with a shrug.

"Me too." Evelyn agreed, bursting through the hospital room doors.

Everyone present in the room stared at the girl in both shock and disbelief, "Evie?" Scott was the first person to speak. "Yo-How?"

"I don't know." Evelyn told him honestly, "But I do know I'm itching to kill one psychotic bitch."

Before anyone could respond to her words, Melissa's voice was heard over the PA system. "Um, can I have your attention...? Mr. Deucalion...Excuse me, just Deucalion...requests you bring the woman calling herself Jennifer Blake to the ER reception. Do this, and everyone else can leave. You have ten minutes."

Ms. Blake sighed, "He's not gonna hurt her."

"Shut up!" Derek and Evelyn snapped in sync. "He won't!" Ms. Blake defended, "Scott, you know why. Tell them it's true."

Everyone shifted their eyes to the boy, Derek being the one to ask. "What does she mean?"

Ms. Blake responded to his question, "You're not the only one he wants in his pack. Deucalion doesn't just want an Alpha pack, he wants perfection. That means adding the rarest of Alphas to his ranks."

Peter was obviously stunned as he spoke. "A true Alpha."

"What's that?" Stiles asked. "The kind that doesn't have to steal his power from another. One that can rise by the force of his own will." Peter informed them, "Our little Scott."

"It doesn't matter." Scott said defeatedly. "We still need to get her out of here."

"Scott, your mom-." Scott cut the human boy off. "My mom said there's one more ambulance coming in twenty minutes. And I don't think we've been here that long, so, if we can get down to the garage, get to the last ambulance, we can get out of here."