𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐚 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐠𝐨{𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}

𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐚 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐠𝐨
{𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}

"As supernaturals, we all carry a burden." Emma told the group, walking around them. "Our eyes are open to evil. And recently, you've had to face it. Some of us process these traumas by suppressing what happened. For others, it's easier to bury it deep inside and pretend like nothing's happened at all. Still, others may take a different route, such as..."

"Pushing everyone away in a desperate attempt to self-isolate?" Evelyn asked, cutting the woman off. "Because everyone they love is in perpetual danger, which often results in them becoming perpetually dead. See, there. That it. That's my therapy. Can I please go now, because, uh, Landon's outside trying to fly and could probably use a spotter."

"I'm afraid not, Evie, because the point is we can all do better at processing the traumas we've been through." Emma told her. "Which is why Dr. Saltzman has asked me to conduct a special group lesson today."

"I, for one, could really use this, and I would appreciate everyone's support." Lizzie said, MG speaking up. "Honestly, I don't know why I'm here, but I'm down to help."

"You will all have an important role to play in this simulation." Emma told them, "Oh, stop looking at me like that. It'll be fun." She took a sheet off a box. "This device was created by Professor Rupert Vardemus. The real Professor Vardemus. He's quite famous in mystical therapeutic circles. It's his variation on a Chambre de Chasse. All your psychological concerns will be transferred inside to form a shaped narrative. Now, the world you create together can be anything, from pirates on the high seas to spies in the Cold War. But no matter what it ends up looking like, it will be designed specifically to help you."

Emma continued, "Out here, you're unconscious. You'll have no awareness that you're in a stimulation."

"So, it's like a game?" MG asked, "Uh, how do I win?" Lizzie asked her, "Simply reach the end of your story and you'll be given an escape word. Say it aloud and you'll become self-aware again, then wake up here, having discovered something valuable in the process. Any questions?"

"Uh, yeah. I have a question. What the hell is she doing here?" Lizzie asked as Jade walked in.

"Hi. Uh, sorry I'm late. Uh, weird dreams." Jade said, looking over at Josie. "You're just in time, Jade." Emma told her. "Don't worry. What we're about to do here is merely a simulation. And I'll be in it as well, and self-aware the whole time. I promise to keep a careful eye on all of you."

"Everyone think of bright, sunny, tropical beaches." Lizzie said as Emma opened the box.

༄༄༄